Become a premium member to remove ads

haloman30

Owner
  • Posts

    3,169
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    187

Everything posted by haloman30

  1. We are planning to give some sort of compensation to those of you who stuck around during this extended downtime. Take a vote on what you want to see.
  2. There's an "Agree" button, you know.
  3. K I am going to lock this topic for real now.
  4. We aren't closing or changing the name. Don't worry. As for this, our conversation was fine. For more details on what exactly is going on, you can read this reply and/or hang around for a bit. Old topic is old. Locking this topic.
  5. Michael has already fully set up protection for DDoSes, and this DDoS is from someone who would also like to use the CU name. Of course you are probably wondering why I have not changed the CU name yet. And are probably going to be pissed to hear that I likely won't. It isn't due to your fault, or anyone on ND's end. Part of the reason is that there are MANY other people who would be happy to take the Chaotic United name and, unlike me, don't give two shits about it's past, or any of those who contributed to the original CU. I don't view myself as a more-than-qualified figure of running a server, however I feel I can do it better than some of these other kids who actually do fit the bill of the accusations you made to me and my fellow players/staff. That is, they want the name solely to "be a kid with a website that people come to". The point is, if I drop the name then someone else will come along who you'd probably have a lot more of a problem using the name than anyone here. It is pretty much impossible to stop CU from returning in some form or fashion. And I think you would rather have me, a loyal member of CU since January 2, 2012, be the one to run it than the others who wish to claim it. One of your claims you've made is that you have more rights to the name than anyone here does. While that may be somewhat true, I never saw anyone at ND even show the slightest interest in remaking CU. I waited until September before taking any sort of action, and I even said loud and clear on your own MC server that I was going to try and revive CU. The ND staff made no comments or anything. I have ultimately decided to pretty much leave ND alone. The PM that ended up being an almost agreement for a name change was intended only to clear things up with the ND staff. From what I have learned the only way you guys will leave us alone is if we leave you alone. So that is what I decided to do. Leave ND alone and to its own devices. I've acknowledged you guys as having plenty of claim and credit to this name. I have prevented ND staff from being banned from this community multiple times. I have made pretty clear that I have no issues with ND staff, players, or whatever from coming here. I even honor old ND donations. I would have made this a PM but there are plenty of regular CU members here who have no clue about this, as I have not yet posted our PM conversation public. As for people hating this community, that was a risk I was willing to take to make this happen. I won't try and convince you guys not to hate us, as I have seen now that such a thing simply isn't possible. But you are more than welcome to use whatever CU services you wish. After all, it is a new start to CU, right? And nobody has broken any rules. Also after some thought on this post, if I come off offensive in any way I do apologise, I just feel this information has to be known one way or another.
  6. This post reminded me that I need to make it obvious that registration is optional. Anyway, welcome back! There are a few things that have changed from the old CU. First off, we aren't "PG-13" anymore. Pretty much any sort of discussion is fine by me as long as you aren't flaming others and whatnot. So feel more than free to just say "assholes". :3 Unfortunately, the server is not up yet, but you picked a good day to come along. We are due to be back online today.
  7. Just an update to this: Michael and I have decided that all non-staff affected by this will recieve a form of....compensation. We don't know what we want to do yet, that has yet to be worked out. But we plan to definitely make a reward worth your time. It will likely be more than free [Donator] as well due to the long downtime over the past months. We hope to finally put a stop to the downtime and become truly 24/7. That is all I have for today. -halogirl30
  8. I HEREBY ENTER TEH DRAWING also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  9. We might add a Garry's Mod server, there are a couple roadblocks though: -Lack of interest - From the past a GMod server never really had too much interest. There is no reason to make a server that noone will play. -Setup - Not many of us actually have a lot of interest or knowledge to setup a GMod server. If interest leans toward a GMod server after the Modded MC server is set up, then we will probably end up finding a way to make it happen.
  10. Good to hear a possible fix to the ridiculous downtime. A quick side note please quit pinning every topic you post in here. :3
  11. Okay, I'm gonna need you to provide some proof of your old rank, since it's one of them with a lot of perms etc. Just PM me your PayPal receipt from before or even an in-game screenshot with your rank will suffice.
  12. K well if they are patients I'm not sure they are up to fuck atm. Probably too sick.
  13. That and a bunch of Dev Tools, and Net tools etc. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
  14. No no. http://chaoticunited.net/downloads
  15. Weird. I downloaded it the other day just fine. I'll post it in the downloads area later today after i'm out of school.
  16. You can get it from the Tekkit launcher. Just search NDPack technic on google and it should come up.
  17. I have no clue what NDPack had. Never played it.
  18. I honestly don't know, never played it. Maybe someone else who has played it knows? EDIT: Found out that Bukkit plugins are compatiable with a modded MC server. Just one catch. We would need to be on Minecraft 1.5 for anything to work. Unless I find a version newer of Cauldron. Nvm, found 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 Cauldron. Bear in mind that 1.6 may be the best choice, as almost no modpacks are on 1.7 yet.
  19. A modded MC server would be premium only unless LoginSecurity and Bukkit itself is compatiable
  20. /emoticons/Installed_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

  21. Another thing, PurpleFreeze. Seeing as I don't know ANY of these potential Moderators, I would appreciate if you have them apply here. I made the United AlyCraft staff do the exact same thing, and RuleTech Games/Demoria Staff are no exception. They will all be accepted assuming they are reasonably decent looking candidates, this is more for me to have some sort of clue on these guys. (Plus it gives a slight boost in registered forum users)
  22. I have to admit, Mac has some good wallpapers.