Become a premium member to remove ads
TheHumanMachine_YT

RPG suggestions: Gods

7 posts in this topic

the majority of RPG worlds have gods correct? so what will the gods be of the RPG mode in chaotic united? their are many world religions to take inspiration from like Buddhism, Shinto, Christianity or Islam. in your RPG world the gods i would like to see would be similar to the gods of Buddhism. in Buddhism all gods our morally unaligned i suppose. so instead of their being a good or evil god their will be a whole pantheon of gods. and also some cities will have a patron god for a real world example in ancient Mesopotamia, Marduk was the patron god of Babylon.

god examples:

-venerturous: god of the sun

-larminos: god of sea and storms

-euphreia: goddess of life, birth, death and the natural cycle

-enduron: god of war and sport

-lyphia: goddess of art and music

Edited by TheHumanMachine_YT

1 minute ago, Renera said:

What do you think, what is the correct implementation of religion?

Trying to bring the dev out of me again like Jesus on the third day.

Religions, if included, should allow for followers of the deity to reap certain rewards for doing certain actions.

Let's say we have a god of the wilds/forests. To appease the deity you could, perhaps, plant trees. This will accumulate belief. More belief = more perks.

Something like that would be interesting.

21 hours ago, Windwhistle said:

Trying to bring the dev out of me again like Jesus on the third day.

Religions, if included, should allow for followers of the deity to reap certain rewards for doing certain actions.

Let's say we have a god of the wilds/forests. To appease the deity you could, perhaps, plant trees. This will accumulate belief. More belief = more perks.

Something like that would be interesting.

If we do anything with gods, I think this should be the way it's done. But RPG is a good bit away

6 hours ago, MILKANDOREOS said:

If we do anything with gods, I think this should be the way it's done. But RPG is a good bit away

Perhaps not as far as you think - once 1.18 is out and I finish polishing other areas of the server (and even likely to some extent before then), I plan to start building the RPG stuff further and planning stuff out for what will be added.

That being said, at the present I'm not sure how religions would cleanly fit into things as of yet - so I can't promise their inclusion - but you never know what might happen as it develops further.

The RPG features will likely be introduced incrementally, rather than all at once - as if we waited to get everything done at once then yeah it'd be a long ass time before it gets in. Both so that it can be experienced sooner, and also so that we can get feedback and alter some things if needed - whereas if we launched everything at once, if there were any issues with the foundation of it all, it'd be significantly more difficult to change after the fact.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, haloman30 said:

Perhaps not as far as you think - once 1.18 is out and I finish polishing other areas of the server (and even likely to some extent before then), I plan to start building the RPG stuff further and planning stuff out for what will be added.

That being said, at the present I'm not sure how religions would cleanly fit into things as of yet - so I can't promise their inclusion - but you never know what might happen as it develops further.

The RPG features will likely be introduced incrementally, rather than all at once - as if we waited to get everything done at once then yeah it'd be a long ass time before it gets in. Both so that it can be experienced sooner, and also so that we can get feedback and alter some things if needed - whereas if we launched everything at once, if there were any issues with the foundation of it all, it'd be significantly more difficult to change after the fact.

aged like fucking milk :ballsfast: