Become a premium member to remove ads
Atomicbeast101

Game Server Poll

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about ND and CU merging?

28 posts in this topic

Rust would be a good server, its right now popular and if we do get a Rust server, some of the players that join might come onto Minecraft and our forums. All tho if we do get Rust, I cannot play as I don't have it and I can't run it.

Rust would be a good server, its right now popular and if we do get a Rust server, some of the players that join might come onto Minecraft and our forums. All tho if we do get Rust, I cannot play as I don't have it and I can't run it.

I agree, although the lack of server customization is concerning. As far as I know plugin development is none to limited at the moment.

So the question would be, what can ND do to attract players from other servers to ours? I doubt it that it'll be very attractive for people to leave their progress behind and start over in "just another server".

Guest BUGZNTA

I would like to see Dayz but most minecraft players dont play dayz

GMod and TF2 are a strong choice, because they both use the source engine, and so similar plugins are available for both (making setup and management easier). However, I'd also like to see some other games as well, such as Star Wars Battlefront 2 (not many Internet servers out there, and it's got variety to it) or perhaps a newer game, such as Rust (even though I don't play) because they will get more popular, so more people will be looking for a server.

Rune rage is also a nice idea, we'd have to see how other people react.

I agree, although the lack of server customization is concerning. As far as I know plugin development is none to limited at the moment.

So the question would be, what can ND do to attract players from other servers to ours? I doubt it that it'll be very attractive for people to leave their progress behind and start over in "just another server".

SOOO wrong, there is a ton of different mods/plugins to be had. go do your homework :P

Also as an active rust player starting on a new server almost everyday is the fun of it....

All in for GMod, putt a lot of work and attention in it and make it worth the hosting. Players will eventually start filling the server and a high level of fun will be achieved.

SOOO wrong, there is a ton of different mods/plugins to be had. go do your homework :P

Also as an active rust player starting on a new server almost everyday is the fun of it....

Please show me some, I've never encountered a server that had a system rolling that made it really different from others, just some other admin tools.

The list here surely doesn't contain any plugins that make the experience much more enjoyable.

Guest MyHobos

DayZ anyone? D:

I would like to see Dayz but most minecraft players dont play dayz

I suggested it before, but it's not feasable atm?

Please show me some, I've never encountered a server that had a system rolling that made it really different from others, just some other admin tools.

The list here surely doesn't contain any plugins that make the experience much more enjoyable.

You haven't played rust have you? 

Off the top of my head here is some of the game changing things you can add:

full craft to instant craft

Starting with nothing to starting with full kev/m4 (changes if you are a hard core pvp or a survival server)

Kits from a revolver and beans to a bolt action and .556 ammo

Econ plugins to make useless items like paper and stones be used to buy items using /Buy command.

Events that happen such as full out pvp arenas 

Air drops

Sleepers or no sleepers

Length of days/nights

Auctions/Banking

Doorsharing

Removal tools

Compasses

Resource bays

Crafting denies/Allows

No decay/decay

Locked back packs and set time/No locks

No durability/Items degrade

Bounties

Oxide or Rust++

There are many more mods/changes that an admin can make the server to attract the type of players he is looking for. Rust is created by the same guys who made Garry's mod so you can expect a large modding community to group around this. 

As for choosing what game server that should be made is really all up to the staff that can dedicate time to it. As a server without active staff is clearly bound to fail. BUT.. choosing an old, already over used game that has an already maxed population that will not grow any longer and that can only shrink makes no sense to me. Rust is the newest and latest thing that is still in early alpha, This is where I believe time should be spent as this game will only go up from here not down. This is the next minecraft, this is where the next modding community will grow. There hasn't been a game in a long time to have such sales/fan base in this early of alpha in a long time. Rust is where money should be spent and where time should be invested. 

Stop setting goals on mediocrity And go big guys.

-Snip-

Not a lot no, my friends don't like Rust and it's boring to play alone. We're DayZ'ers.

About the list you gave me, lots of addons in there are fairly to extremely gamebreaking IF you're sticking with the survival feel.

And some stuff is already in the vanilla game. The addons that remain could bring some fun, but still no great gamechangers.

I do have to agree with you about the fact that lots will follow.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people willing to mod it to the fullest, it's a Facepunch game after all.

Just sharin' my concerns :).

Guest Spencer

I play DayZ Mod and Standalone quite a bit but I wouldn't want to host it due to certain conflicts.

Definitely stay MC, and lets get these Steam servers up until Rust and whatnot is available!

Guest The Tastiest Tickles

Nobody in their right mind would pick DayZ over Rust.

Rust is our current most promising option imo. I believe we could run a 75-100 slots for about 15-20/month

Gmod and TF2 are on a definite slope going down, i wouldnt invest efforts in there.

Guest Spencer

MM alright I'll need to look into Rust and see the pricing and the skills required for it.

Me and my friends had a server for a month lol, was relatively easy to setup and control. And the possibilities for donation incentives is there. Definitely do-able.

Me and my friends had a server for a month lol, was relatively easy to setup and control. And the possibilities for donation incentives is there. Definitely do-able.

Do you think you might be willing to run it? I have the ideas im willing to provide to you for it :)

Guest Cage The Rage

minecraft server pls

Guest Cage The Rage

I believe we have 1 of those...

Yes, but it said "continue with minecraft server".

Yeah kendev I played loadout, I agree it is awesome. I am suggesting a jailbreak server.