20 members have voted

1. 1. Best Anti-Virus To Use?

• Norton
    • McAfee
    • Kaspersky
    • Others: putt in comments...

This poll is closed to new votes

32 posts in this topic

If you are looking for a malware scanning program malwarebytes is the best, catches stuff avast missed and protects against newer types of viruses and adware

If you are looking for a malware scanning program malwarebytes is the best, catches stuff avast missed and protects against newer types of viruses and adware

Found one Trojan :( but it didn't harm my pc :)

My Anti virus (McAfee) expires in a few days, so i got a small question for the brains under us.

Wich anti virus is 'the best' as in 'what is easy to control and overview things with'

Vote on le poll and strengthen your vote please. (Why...)

Greetz

I use Avast! and microsoft defence essentials or smt like that, not that it helps alot, with the trial version of both lol, still better than nothin tho

Guest ci833508

As a network admin and certified in Comptia and windows administration I personally have found ESET smart security to do the job for me. I am an avid virus tester and have managed to save my butt many times with ESET. I have used in the past AVG, Avast, Norton, Mcafee, kaspersky(another favorite) and many more. But ESET has blown all of them out of the water by far.

I am always glad to give advice on Technology. Feel free to drop me a msg.

My top three worst antivirus solutions are, in ascending order:

3rd - McAffee

2nd - Norton

1st - Windows Defender in Vista.

The reason Vista is the top entry is because it once ran a scan, decided the entirety of System32 was an incredibly dangerous virus, and must be deleted. I said it could quarantine, because I figured it had found a virus within System32 and wasn't telling me the path, but after about 10 seconds of quarantining beginning, my laptop BlueScreened, rebooted, BlueScreened again, then restored System32.

I updated the laptop to Win7 after 48 hours, with MSE on it. (FYI, that broke after a while and so I got Avast!).

That's your problem with the Vista part. I've never had any problems with Windows Defender. I rarely use Anti-Virus, and I usually never get viruses. Scanned my laptop after two years, and I had maybe 4 viruses. But if I did have to vote on an Anti-Virus program, I would go with Avast! even though it talks.. It gets annoying when it does shit by itself. But the Windows Defender in Windows Vista is fine, my guess is that a virus infected Windows Defender and made it manually detect System32 as a virus.

That's your problem with the Vista part. I've never had any problems with Windows Defender. I rarely use Anti-Virus, and I usually never get viruses. Scanned my laptop after two years, and I had maybe 4 viruses. But if I did have to vote on an Anti-Virus program, I would go with Avast! even though it talks.. It gets annoying when it does shit by itself. But the Windows Defender in Windows Vista is fine, my guess is that a virus infected Windows Defender and made it manually detect System32 as a virus.

Could be, could be. Or, a completely unrelated virus. Or, like, more or less anything.