Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest xXBbionicjiveXx

Pirating?

13 posts in this topic

Guest xXBbionicjiveXx

What do you think about pirating? I feel terrible for pirating such a great game like Minecraft, but I can't buy it in Venezuela. I've tried everything from trading PSN games for a gift code to trying to convince friends to buy it and pay them in IRL money. Also just putting that out there for anyone who can send me a gift code for it. So what do you think about pirating guys?

Guest nater1217

pirating games from indie companies (minecraft) isnt good (i'm buying it tommorow)
But big publishers like activision and EA make enough money that im okay with it (just flashed my xbox so i can play burnt games).
those are my thoughts

I am Unfortunatly in a similar situation. I even tried to resort to thoose pathetic surveys that don't work; I earned about a dollar in an hour.

I agree, IDC about pirating games from bigger companies, but from smaller companies where your purchase actually makes a difference I prefer to buy legally

Guest nAb_PwNeR

Im a pirate ARGGGG

Guest avery

lmfao i laugh at anyone that pays for ANY game, music, movie, program or anything. you can get it all free by pirating, so why not?

Guest nAb_PwNeR

Unless its a MP steam game...then ur screwed

Guest gogglebot

If you can buy it on a disk: buy it, if its on the internet: arrrrhh! 

Oh, also, Notch tweeted that he doesn't really mind if you pirate minecraft, just to feel bad about it :)

Guest Duphapotimas

Wow, Kind of old topic but Ima post anyways. My thoughts on pirating are, it's fine if you don't get caught! The only games I don't pirate are the games that i'd like to play online! like bfbc2 and MW2. but at a time there was alteriwnet. which was amazing. I pirated minecraft only because 15 euros (pretty much $20) was kind of pricy for what was essentially blocks. + I can play cracked servers XD. I'm on strike 2/2 with my ISP until they cut me off of TV/Phone/Internet so I use Peerblock and I recommend that all of you guys do to if you're going to be downloading things that are relatively new or that are in high demand. Because if you have a less lenient ISP you could be dragged into court. anyways as I said before and what 2 or 3 other people have said before me. Pirating is fine, especially if it's from a big business like EA/Activision/ubisoft etc..

Guest kushclouds
1 minute ago, haloman30 said:

lmfao i laugh at anyone that pays for ANY game, music, movie, program or anything. you can get it all free by pirating, so why not?

and that is why they try to pass things like SOPA, when i get a job i will start buying music and games, because i can, not pirate it

Guest avery

and what do you know, their attempt at passing it ultimately failed.

Guest Zacrulestheworld

true and there is more to SOPA then it says if you read th whole thing you will not be sirprised y it didn't and isn't going to pass it has much more strict things that go against are rights.  http://mashable.com/...gerous-opinion/  this should inlighten you.

Guest Crumpets

In england, some kind of action against pirating has already been taken. Piratebay has been banned and service providers (BT was still indecisive last time I checked) no longer allow their customers to access the site (proxys work however). Despite being a relatively futile attempt to stop pirating it was certainly a bold move, and a sign of possible things to come.

I don't personally have a problem with pirating. However I often find that buying the product provides higher quality and assurance, as well as safety for your computer.

Guest Nakudan

I wish i could buy minecraft but by family doesn't own a credit card or paypal so that they could buy online so instead i had to get a copy of minecraft from a friend and then i lost it so i had to get a new version of it on my windows through torrenting but what could you do not everyone has a credit card.

P.S: Anyone who sees this i ask of you to send me a giftcode and as a reward ill build one epic $#!T house for you