Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Fighting Police Brutality.

1 post in this topic

Howdy, folks.

Normally I don't touch politics in any "official" manner, but with the recent events I feel compelled to do so. As I'm sure you're all aware, a recent act of disgusting police brutality was demonstrated on a man named George Floyd. The way he was killed was one of unfortunately many instances of police brutality.

Whether you believe that the action was evidence of systemic racism or not, I think we can all agree that America's police are far from perfect. There's certainly lots of honest and well-meaning officers out there - and they're fine. But the man who killed Floyd had a known history of complaints, yet was still allowed to continue being an officer. On top of that - more often than not, officers tend to get off much easier when charged with crimes - many never even get charged in the first place.

This kind of shit is just unacceptable - and I think we can all agree that it needs to end now.

So, I'm doing something that I've never actually done before - I'll be routing 100% of donations until July 7th to CUAPB - Communities United Against Police Brutality - a charity who aims to bring about improvements and reforms to our police systems. If for any reason you disagree with what these guys are doing and still wish to donate, you can either wait until July 8 or DM me upon donating. I recognize that I haven't done a ton of research into the charity, so it's not impossible that they've got skeletons in the closet that I'm unaware of (though I kind of doubt it) and don't wish to force people to donate to a charity they personally wouldn't support. The donations will be gathered and donated all at once on July 7.

If you wish to read more into the charity yourself, their site is at https://www.cuapb.org.

If you're looking for a rank upgrade and want to help support police reform and bring justice for George Floyd all at once, head to http://donate.chaoticunited.net.