Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Announcements: Server Reopening Date (3 Days of Fun)

2 posts in this topic

Hey All,

You all are probably bored out of your mind due to the intense DDoS, as obviously evidenced due to the lack of people on the forums. I have gotten a date that the new IP will be given to me to activate.

I know its absolutely unacceptable for the downtime that occurred, and is even worse for players who are on spring break right now. This has already affected me a bit regarding finances and I had to spend a handful of money just to make sure that I am properly protected. I am going to compensate everyone for this unfortunate event.

From Friday to Sunday all players will enjoy Platinum permissions for absolutely no cost , before being reverted back to your old rank.

You then have an option to donate for a rank at a discounted price.

Minecraft TOS Update:

Proxies are now allowed on the server once more.

You may only connect to the server using the given ip mc.chaoticunited.net

If a numeric IP is used to connect to the server, we will know and will ban you for violating the rules by not going through the DDoS protection check.

Permission Updates:

• IP Banning will no longer be given to any rank but console due to the DDoS protection masking everyones IP. In other words if someone IP bans a players IP using the DDoS protection then everyone using the DDoS protection gets banned.

DBServer Updates:

• Distance Latency has been fixed and the TempVPS will no longer be used and all data will be moved back to the DBServer that can send queries locally on the network instead of sending it through the web to a server located in the UK. This reduces LB from being overloaded so easily.
  • DBServer will certificates changed to accommodate for the new version of OpenSSL that was just recently configured.

Mumble Server

• Mumble data has been lost in the transition to Windows Server 2012 R2, you will need to register once more.
  • Mumble SSL Certificates changed, this IS not a security breech.

DDoS Protection

Upgraded all services now use DDoS protection except for the forum.

THE DATE:

Friday

*This announcement is subject to change,

v1.0

Just an update to this:

Michael and I have decided that all non-staff affected by this will recieve a form of....compensation. We don't know what we want to do yet, that has yet to be worked out. But we plan to definitely make a reward worth your time. It will likely be more than free [Donator] as well due to the long downtime over the past months. We hope to finally put a stop to the downtime and become truly 24/7.

That is all I have for today.

-halogirl30