Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

What Do We Do Now?

PSA - What do we do now?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the name under any circumstance?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care either way.
  2. 2. Which of these options should we go with?

• Contacting Killerteddy
    • Ignoring ND completely
    • Wait to get the Chaoticunited.com domain
    • I voted to change the name.
  3. 3. Do you think Alycat is being unreasonable with his leaving over this?

• Yes. That is just dumb.
    • No. I agree with his reasoning.

16 posts in this topic

Okay, some things have happened behind the scenes that everyone needs to know.

I got home yesterday and there was a message left on my phone. It was from -blam!-. He didn't call and just fly off the handle or even slightly angry. He just wanted to clear a few things up. Here are the main things he said:

• I have more of an adult mindset out of the 3 core admins of CU atm (me, Michael, Alycat)
  • I need to try and put a stop to the walls of text on ND.
  • The ND staff is willing to help CU out but there are a few roadblocks (biggest of which is the name "Chaotic United" itself)
  • He also apologized for some of his words to me during our conversation on ND.

Later tonight, I will be speaking with -blam!-, MRtangerine(ZacSkittles), and possibly Michael over a private TeamSpeak server. Keep in mind the following changes may take effect:

• A long lasting (or permanent) name change
  • Staff cuts/additions

Now, since I, Michael, and Alycat are opposed to a name change, I want to ask you guys what you think of it.

There are three ways we could keep the CU name:

1. Contacting Killerteddy and getting his permission
  2. Ignoring ND entirely
  3. Make large changes to the community as a whole (staff, etc) and get ND to agree

If we do not do any of these three then CU will be renamed. I do not plan to make any decisions anytime soon. However, there is one massive roadblock that a name change would cause:

Michael has prepared a resignation letter in the event of things going downhill. He has already shown me said letter, and says that if the conversation goes south, he will stop hosting CU's servers and RuleTech Games + Demoria Online will be broken away from CU permanently.

(nvm, Michael slept on it apparently)

Alycat has threatened to quit CU if I change the name. Plus if I do, there are others who are waiting to see if we succeed in bringing CU back.

The decision is ultimately up to me, but I want every single CU player, donator, staff, and manager's input on what we should do.

Cast your votes, and be sure before you do. This poll could ultimately seal our fate....for better or worse.

Any -blam!- contact? I can try to talk to him... since you know... this name is heavy burden to all of us because teddy havent give us his permittion... but its no less than i expected that teddy would agree if... *we pay him up *we can lure him with some sweet talk *petition?

But... i assume teddy is unreachable... so as long as he the one who couldn't be reached then we have a reason why we still have a right to use the name itself... also... technically Chaotic United is closed.. so i think from my own perspection we din't do any violation of copyright... its like opening new shit up above the old shit

Any -blam!- contact? I can try to talk to him... since you know... this name is heavy burden to all of us because teddy havent give us his permittion... but its no less than i expected that teddy would agree if... *we pay him up *we can lure him with some sweet talk *petition?

But... i assume teddy is unreachable... so as long as he the one who couldn't be reached then we have a reason why we still have a right to use the name itself... also... technically Chaotic United is closed.. so i think from my own perspection we din't do any violation of copyright... its like opening new shit up above the old shit

There shouldn't be any copyrights due to both owners(Teddy,Halo) in a non-profit game server Community. Its not like a business at least. 

then why would the name be a problem if there is no copyright violation? we should do just fine and i think ntx really doesn't need to make this shit as an issue

The decision is ultimately up to me, but I want every single CU player, donator, staff, and manager's input on what we should do.

Cast your votes, and be sure before you do. This poll could ultimately seal our fate....for better or worse.

I'd love to know how our conversation went? what is going on? and in general what is happening? I'd like to know so i may decide what to do next.

We can contact teddy, I am sure I have ways..

CU was the first server I ever played on, I love the name and I would like to keep it like that if possible. I dont want this server to shut down just because people want to keep the name. If the only way to keep the server up is by changing the name den why not

Just realized how many smiles dis thing has

:cool:  :swear:  :bandit:  :lipssealed:  :middlefinger:  :rofl:  :D

why da crap would u need so many lel

Dis guy cracked my screen :c

:punch:

CU was the first server I ever played on, I love the name and I would like to keep it like that if possible. I dont want this server to shut down just because people want to keep the name. If the only way to keep the server up is by changing the name den why not

Just realized how many smiles dis thing has

:cool:  :swear:  :bandit:  :lipssealed:  :middlefinger:  :rofl:  :D

why da crap would u need so many lel

Dis guy cracked my screen :c

:punch:

We aren't closing or changing the name. Don't worry.

I'd love to know how our conversation went? what is going on? and in general what is happening? I'd like to know so i may decide what to do next.

As for this, our conversation was fine. For more details on what exactly is going on, you can read this reply and/or hang around for a bit.

Old topic is old. Locking this topic.

Dude, we lost interest in you guys a long time ago. Color and Arc have become more threatening then you guys ever will be. They have talked about hititng you guys next and to be quite frank, I can't wait to see what will happen considering we nearly got obliterated twice.

That conversation barely affects this community today except by proving to us that the ND Staff are just a group of autists (Except -blam!-). Now you are welcome to play on our servers let me just remind you that you are walking a fine line on the terms of rules on this community but begin breaking the rules and you will find yourself gone.

Anyway The material in question that started this whole mess  is not copyrighted, or the copyright has expired in the United States of America. It is therefore in the public domain and may be reproduced by anyone.

You guys has provided no copyright registration information or other tangible evidence that the material in question is in fact copyrighted, and I have a good faith belief that it is not. The allegation of copyright violation is therefore in dispute, and at present unsupported.

Our use of the material is legally protected because it falls within the "fair use" provision of the copyright regulations, as defined in 17 USC 107. We do not use this for personal gain as all donations go towards the community.If you disagree that this is fair use, you can go away now because none of us care what ND thinks,

I don't understand why you guys can't just change a server name (I understand that it has to be a good name change and nothing inappropriate) . The community is about the people and not a stupid name. The more you guys argue about stupid shit like this, the more you're not enjoying games together. I don't like the fact that you guys (staff) act so "adult-like" as if that will help get more players in because you take these this stuff so seriously like its a job. (Although I completely understand that you guys need to make serious decisions to save your ass from all of the legal stuff with the copyrights and all that.) So maybe you guys should enjoy the god damn server for once with all of your friends, because all of this stupid "Chaotic United" name bullshit you guys are getting all aggressive with each other (Specifically with [REDACTED], Zac, etc.) which is so childlike.

Edited by halogirl30
Leave ntx2 outta dis