Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Resisting the Urge to Resign: The Apology and Awakening

3 posts in this topic

Please Read the Whole thing before making an assumption.

As you all probably know, last week we tried to resolve things with ND and I told them that they could be held liable for defamation. In reality the only post that threatened us was by Kendev who said that staff from CU were just trying to gain profit for personal gain, when that was not the case. I admit that I did over react when I could of asked politely to stop the false claims that we were using CU for personal gain, when in reality we were not. The staff within RTG started panicking a bit because we could not afford any false accusations of conducting business for profit, due to RTG having non-profit status. Our EIN is extremely important for developer kits and without it, our project would lose multi-platform opportunity. If the EIN is suspended, the project will become less of deal to everyone and the project will most likely  I've worked 2 years on Demoria and we made a lot  of progress since when we first started. But during its development a tragedy occured, one of our teenaged developers in 8th grade passed away from a gas leak in his house. Connor (AKA Pugno) was a developer for the Network Interaction engine that we developed for the game. Connor looked up to me as a role model and the fact I had the chance to work with him gave us both joy. From that day we dedicated the project in his memory and honor. This is relevant to how I reacted because I did not want our 2 years worth of work to go to waste because RTG's gets forcefully dissolved. All the RTG staff know that I hold this project in high esteem , and its very important to me. Any other project manager would say the same thing.Pugno's death always motivated me to overcome any challenge that came to our path, and I rarely messed up. We've had 4 legal cases regarding RTG and our sponsors always sent their legal team to assist us, when needed. I was not involved in a majority of the matter with those legal cases, but I just mentioned those as example proving how we will not end this project easily All I wanted to do was honor my deceased friend, but I acted rashly in the process and it degraded the professionalism of my message and reputation to Nuclear District. But apologizing doesn't get rid of the humiliation that RTG Staff suffered from this incident. I apologize to both the Nuclear District and RTG Staff.

You may be asking Do I wish that I could do this over? Absolutely I do, before that conversation it just appeared they were making false claims right out of the blue with a very vague reason. They made themselves more clear now, but you may be asking what the reason was? They thing we should not be running CU because of their contributions to the community that are being used today. Contributions which aren't even visable in my eyes. I'm not going to comment on that any farther, but I do ask you to not have any first impressions from this 2nd incident with me. I know what my mistakes are, I know  I messed up, I don't expect to receive forgiveness, but an acknowledgement or an indication that we are at least at good terms would be nice.

I've been going back and forth regarding the topic of resigning CU and I just wanted to get all of this off my chest.

Thanks,

AwakenedRage

Dude the thing is, there wouldn't BE any more drama. This talk later on TS isn't going to be useless bashing. The drama part has already come and gone.

As for wanting to be on good terms, a name change would do this. Or we could wait and get cu.com and then we'd have full ownership of CU. The same effect would happen if Teddy showed up and gave us the green light. He owns the domain, so he is the one who owns CU. If we get the domain, we own CU. Take this message -blam!- sent me after I asked if there was any way we could keep the CU name:

There is no scenario under which I'm comfortable seeing you use the Chaotic United name.

Even if teddy agreed to it i'd say arguably its none of his work he'd be handing out but he still 'owns' it of course so while that would be uncomfortable still, there's no claims we could really make about it.

Eitherway none of the people involved in this discussion would feel 'OK' seeing you using the CU name and image because in the end, its our hard work that went in there. At this point if we want to collaborate as communities I think accepting CU is not an option is good grounds to be moving forward on. 

Like I said, nothing is for sure yet. Remember that.

I'm not talking about future drama, I'm just explaining myself from the last incident. Thats all, also thanks for posting exactly what they said.