Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Farewell, but not goodbye!

8 posts in this topic

Dear Community,

It has been my pleasure to be a part of the community over this past year and a half as a Technician/ Administrator for Chaotic United. However now with it being my junior year and one of my biggest projects coming up I have had to make a tough decision. I’ve been working on my dream for the past 2 years and it has finally gotten to the point where it can begin launch. However this will require my full attention.

I truly enjoy and love speaking to the staff, meeting people new people in the community,  and help plan out the server setups. I love the community, the sharing, and the learning. In my mind it is the best way to keep sharp in this ever changing industry of server software.

However, today was my last day as working at CU.  I have been putting off writing this post, before my resignation because while I am excited for my next project, it is still hard to let go of my old job and make sure that Halo has a proper setup with me not hosting the server anymore.

Instead, I thought I might compose a heartfelt farewell letter. Because while this is a farewell, it isn’t a goodbye. While my whole day and night won’t be focused on this community anymore, I will still be involved. I will still help develop Demoria Online, and I will still speak at developer streams and conventions here and there.

When I managed the server I kept an eye on the server’s security and made sure that the hardware was operating normally. My team has tracked the temperature, CPU Usage and memory usage to properly optimize the server. I can safely leave without any worry of disaster or any accusations that I “Killed CU”

So, where am I going? I will be staying in the Midwest area, however we have thoughts of moving, but do not know our general target yet. While my job cannot afford to move, my family is in some financial trouble, so I had to drop hosting the server.  As many of you know, I have had a secondary role as the Lead Developer and Director for Ruletech Games the past year or more. This was mostly an internal role, and it was part time on top of my normal day job as a student and technician.

Working in that role just wasn’t easy as a part time role. As part of our new fiscal year, it was decided to reform the company to meet nonprofit requirements and make it more professional overall. In this process it was also decided that DDoS protection for CU would need to be dropped. .

After a lot of discussions, hard work, achievement harvesting, and hand wringing, it was announced last week that I will be the new Student Director for Ruletech Games Inc, reporting to the other board of directors..

This is largely an internal role driving our internal technical readiness, making sure our staff are super technically sharp. I will also be working with our financial team and other educational leaders, to help develop a curriculum. Meanwhile the other directors specializing in different areas of interest define new curriculum and content, and help drive wins on our scorecard.

In summary, Community, thanks for everything you have taught me, and for the support and friendship over the past 2 years. Keep strong, write once in a while, and make sure you keep your doors open for Falkerz (Who will be assisting) . He’s a nice guy and remember they may feel a bit out of place, a bit shy, and they won’t know how to fit in. Help them out. After all, you did that for me, and it worked out pretty well.

After much preparations and making sure that CU can thrive prosperously,  I say farewell!

With my gratitude and thanks,

Michael / AwakenedRage98

Email: [email protected]

Congratz you have offically earned my respect back 100% back, as well as a appology for me thinking youd tear up CU. As a reward, i will PM you a message what your reward is.

Guest ci833508

Well sad to see michael leave CU but I know as part of the board of directors for Ruletech Games and as a good friend of Halo I will be staying as part of the CU Management team. As some of you may or may not know I have a two year degree in network administration, I also have 10+ years of computer Tech and system administration. Along with Web Development and HTML coding. I work as a tech support rep for a local company. I work as a counselor as a part time job and I am as I said on the board of directors for Ruletech Games.

If you have any questions or need help or would like webhosting feel free to email or msg me anytime

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Well sad to see michael leave CU but I know as part of the board of directors for Ruletech Games and as a good friend of Halo I will be staying as part of the CU Management team. As some of you may or may not know I have a two year degree in network administration, I also have 10+ years of computer Tech and system administration. Along with Web Development and HTML coding. I work as a tech support rep for a local company. I work as a counselor as a part time job and I am as I said on the board of directors for Ruletech Games.If you have any questions or need help or would like webhosting feel free to email or msg me [email protected]@[email protected]

dont forget youve been apart of U.A.C's staff for 4 years.. wow... I would hope you wouldnt leave just because another member left, michael was apart of U.A.C for maybe a month or two and then we went our ways but he made a turn around on cu.. good job.

Guest ci833508

Trust me Aly I am not going anywhere bud. I am here as your Tech support and part of the staff team. :)