Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Server Downtime (DDOS)

3 posts in this topic

Just going to copy/paste what AwakenedRage (Michael) said in the shoutbox:

@alycat So much crazy stuff has happened that I can barely even put it into words. About 2 or 3 weeks ago 2 people who I was formerly well acquanted in the past (2011 - 2013) attacked one of my friend's servers, that had chat filter's in place and was known to have alot of young player's on. Those two bypassed the filter's saying things that caused alot of panic. Mind you that server isn't minecraft, after they succeeded in bypassing the filter and causing chaos they started posting private information of any associated staff member publicly and was using that to mess with us. A couple of us were swatted before, I wasn't one of them. But they started driving us to the point where they threatened to frame us. Then we got to the point where we could not take it anymore and we tracked and posted their information publicly. They didnt like the actions of retaliation and this led to the actions on Friday where both servers including CU were DDoSed for a period of 4 days. I took the necessary preccautions for the server, but they didnt like what I was doing to prevent them from succeeding in their plan and saw me as a threat. This leads to the final reason why I took the server down and that is the fact they managed to put a virus on my computer. Currently fixing everything still. As for what I am doing, that remains classified until it is all done.

These issues have nearly been resolved, and Michael is implementing SSL as extra security.

I am also sorry I haven't been as active since Christmas, but I keep Steam and Skype open and check the forums often.