Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Muun

Things need to change.

3 posts in this topic

Guest Muun

I have a mouthful to say about this server and how its operated. i will not use names, im not here to point fingers, im here to shed light on things in this server that are bringing it down because i believe that if someone is mature enough to handle a complex server like this, they are mature enough to handle constructive and possibly negative critisisms from someone who onlny wants to see the server improve.

1. every day i log on i am aware of the fact that there are more staff members than actual active users and even less active staff, i appreciate the help from hard working staff that actually are active and do alot to make sure that the comunity doesnt die, but i can never seem to get anyone to help me when i have a problem, when is nd gunna do something about this servers ttd (timetodeath) ? The server has maybe 6 months left before it dies. I offered to donate but theres no reason, i couldnt if i tried, the eula thing wouldnt let me.. if i did donate and got compensated I know how the paridime of this server works, how the higher ups treats its donators. They donate large amounts of money for mediocre perms and then the good stuff is all taken away within a month because someone abused the perm and then even trustworthy people dont get it. If i donated and got a perm all the good stuff would be taken away and i will have donated for nothing and got only grief.

2.Its no secret. This server has a huge  population issue. i love the ideas of users but  for some reason staff feel making a cool looking spawn will help population instead of using the donation money they do get to actually pay for advertising. what did u spend your last donation on? probably the server right? at least this isnt cu where all donations were pocketed by the owner, i know nuke is good for that. Nuke is a great guy i like him but he leaves too much of the stuff hes great at doin in the hand of people who dont care enough or have neither the drive or passion to make it work the way he could. i get it, he has a life, we all do, but if youre not up for the task, be honest and give it to someone else who does have the time to do it.

If i donated it would be for advertising to get more people to play with on the server... More people means a bigger number of great contributors and opportunity to improve in more ways than just building stuff

3. the last issue i wanted to adress is long existing members. i and a couple people will remain nameless have been with this comunity (cu and ND) for years and people who join 6 months - a year ago get fucking moderator and staff within the month just because they are popular, then they dont do ♥♥♥♥ all to help anyone. i have wanted mod for a long *** time and everytime i ask they say no becuase "i only want mod to get praise instead of help" BS! you dont know me! all ive ever wanted to do is help people. ive applied for staff numerous times and no one cares.... theres no point i guess "too many staff members" yea... thats because u give all the popular people; people you like best; the perms they could be using to help the small amount of users that actually do go on because they are still loyal Could be put to better use by people who actually want to invest their time into doing the job they want to do. now i see why ntx says member is best rank.. too much bs with ranks and staff... i heard this server is going cracked, great!!! ill donate for a youtube ad, but i want to be given the chance to earn helper or even mod so i can finally help the comunity!  not be denied because a bunch of kids think i cant handle helping people. all ive ever cared about is this server but this server has never cared or tried to show it cares about me and certain other people. no loyaly program. i say these things not because im angry or  personal shit i say it becuase its the right thing to say and i care. dont give me excuses ive heard before. there are alot of people in this server with really great ideas! let them shine! people like to be apart of something that makes them feel important. i remember someone had an idea about making a survival based world where they could spawn whatever they want with no shops and they would have all the perks of highest rank and they could play the game with ultamate freedom, the eula makes us all equal by taking ranks out that single people apart. if we are to be equal, then give everyone those awesome perks.! 

i want iterate that nik and nuke do a fantastic job with this server! they've poured their hearts and souls into this server because they believed in something that cu wasnt offering the end user, i do too, thats why i say these things. its time for a change in how you do things if you want the population and end user experience to change.

in sumary:

1. regular staff rotation based on a system of loyalty and seniority.

2. we need to come up with BETTER ways to help increase population and let users have a say in how things are done, use donations to help advertising to get more people before you pay for excess server projects. you cant have a good server unless there are people there to enjoy it.

3. donations and perms; How can we better implement perks thaat people want for ranks they want. EULA gives us an oportunity to rethink ranks ratherthan abolish them. eula levels the playing feild but that doesnt need to mean no one gets the perks they want. start a senority or loyalty program, let the people who want to work hard work hard and the people who dont, hit the curb until they can prove they care.

i am very serious about these things becuase ive gone unheard or ignored for a very long time. you can hate me if you want to but in the end i dont give a shit about if my opinions are unpopular, i only care about the server becuase i love htis server and i love the comunity who shows that they can set themselves apart from every other server!

if you read the whole thing, congratulations, if you didnt and didnt think about what i have said with an open mind then you have no right commenting.

thank you for your time. id love to hear how we can get peopel the ranks and perms they want without having to pay because of eula restrictions.

post-19-0-17803000-1406161449_thumb.jpg

Guest KooladeCaprisun

I appreciate you writing such a lengthy post... But you've been gone a while, and a lot of changes are approaching. 

Staff rotations are already in consideration. We currently have two moderators atm who would be glad to help anytime they can, whenever they can. Staff promotions aren't based on seniority, they are based on many things such as attitude, maturity, availability, etc. Being here for months and donating for prestigious ranks do not guarantee a mod position, nor will we feel obligated to promote you based on such materialistic factors. Someone 6 months old to the community can show just as much love, appreciation, and passion as anyone else, and it wouldn't be fair to them either if they couldn't become staff just because they haven't been around for a year. If you need help with something, PM a staff member on the forums, skype, or in some other way. If you have a problem with a staff member, talk to me. As population grows, member to staff ratio will balance out(and right now, two mods is just fine.)

EULA affects more than a handful of our current donation perks, however we've organized workarounds to accommodate it's enforcement. Perks aside, if you want to help the community by donating, we will appreciate it very highly. All donation funds go toward the server and it's advancement. You might not like the donation perks, but some of us forget that it is a donation, and isn't entirely about the perks. If you don't want to donate just because you aren't getting god-perks out of it, then I won't ask you to donate. We're very open to feedback and acknowledging perk requests as long as it doesn't drastically affect gameplay or ranks. As far as losing perms go, why not encourage other members not to exploit things you know we wouldn't want or wouldn't allow? No harm, no foul. 

As for population, we're very aware of our disposition, and advertisement is in the works at this very moment. We have an entire subforum dedicated to feedback, and we read through them all. Having a negative demeanor won't help anything, or convince anyone to stay. 

Thanks, again, for the feedback. 

I agree with Koolade about the staff part. We actually are still doing the plans for advertising. The main part about advertising that I'm trying to avoid is bet-to-win part. Those bet-to-win are basically on all most popular server listing websites. We are waiting for the official trailer of ND that is being made by someone out of our community. It should be done soon and we plan to sponsor it on YouTube to get more attention about our community. YouTube comments can still work some to get population, but the YouTube comment security controlled mostly by the YouTubers, so your comments can be cleared anytime by them. If you know of any other places to pay for some advertising, feel free to talk to me or Nik. We're always open to hear.

Speaking of services in main server, I've been doing a lot of work in the backstage to improve some of the services we have (also fixing any errors/bugs that came up) and creating new services. If you want to know what I'm working on right now, I've been working on some minigames service and prison service. I know I said sometime ago about doing RolePlay service, but lost motivation into planning a story for it. If you want to help with planning a really nice story of it, I'll be happy to take a look at it and mostly possibly make it happen.

The perks, as koolade said, yes we have ways around it to make it work out. We will provide more information about it when it's ready and is getting close to August 1st. We will also be adding more perks to all of the donation ranks to make it much more fun for everyone.

Thank you so much for bringing all of this up, we all really appreciated your help and time into it. I'm glad to hear that you loved our community, we've tried our best to make it work out.