Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Dude322111

Kits

9 posts in this topic

Guest Dude322111

Almost every member (who doesn't join and leave within a minute) who plays factions complains about kits. They then leave the server due to the lack of kits, from what I've seen anyway. Why were kits removed, in the first place? I understand the diamond armor kits, but the starter kits were removed as well.

Almost every member (who doesn't join and leave within a minute) who plays factions complains about kits. They then leave the server due to the lack of kits, from what I've seen anyway. Why were kits removed, in the first place? I understand the diamond armor kits, but the starter kits were removed as well.

-Why are diamonds plentiful?

-ender chests still work?

-pvp logging?

-end game content easy to obtain?

I think kits are a smaller problem then everything else currently wrong with factions.

Guest Dude322111

-Why are diamonds plentiful?

-ender chests still work?

-pvp logging?

-end game content easy to obtain?

I think kits are a smaller problem then everything else currently wrong with factions.

NukeDiamond also caused the loss of many players, ender chests are very controversial, pvp logging is prevented by CombatLog(or at least it is thought to be), and I'm not sure about the end game content. We need to fix one problem at a time, and kits are a problem that I see is a very simple and easy problem to fix.

Guest LaughedSnail

I agree with Dude on the kits. An idea would be leather armor and iron tools. These kits could be obtainable every 48 hours. 

Kits are a extra bonus but not a core element of any faction server. sure special perks bring people in the door but they will only stay if there is a quality experience to be had. Sadly the current factions doesn't have this.

Now as a player, a moderator, a faction admin and a person who co-build, created and managed a faction server i can tell you the key to having a successful factions server is not perks but rather goals to obtain.... end game content.

Diamonds, enchanting, the nether, a fully sustainable base that keeps your faction healthy are things that need to be hard long term goals to obtain. not an hours work mining out a base and an hour gathering diamonds. On that note diamonds should not be easily had. But nukediamond let players see a diamond and took it away, this made players feel like they lost something. If they were 85% world edited into iron then the players wouldn't feel like they are losing everything when they went mining but rather gaining. The end result is the same but the illusion for success is much higher. (this is an huge issue with the last factions)

Now on to the stupid shit that is on factions. Ender chest allow players to never lose their best stuff and simply hide their best shit away in times of need. This is unacceptable and takes away the best part about raiding.... which is getting the good loot, not iron and wheat. ender chests should not be allowed and should be removed period.

Pvp logging must be 100% full proof, not 99% but 100%. There are enough plugin devs in this community to make that happen correctly. to chase someone down and they just log off with their gear ruins the entire experience of pvp in factions.

Mcmmo is another stupid.. stupid idea for factions, The idea that you can gather a forest off wood in minutes, get 4 diamonds from 1 ore and mine sand faster then you can walk. But it gets better you can do 10 damage per hit with an axe and disarm people with your fists??? Clearly these are broken and weren't apart of C.U for a reason. This should be removed or a cap set at a very low number.....

Now, how can factions be set up properly??? Simple. Make it hard to get maxed out on gear and make a good base, make goals that can be set and achieved hourly, daily, monthly. If you can get set up in a day, you go crush noobs, crushing noobs makes them rage quit and lowers population, then you get bored and leave... so don't do that. Once the fundamentals are set up and the ground work laid you can work on setting up a faction server that stands out among all the other ones. This is where you can add special plugins that bring in population and start adding colour to you're work. If you want things like mcmmo, chest shops, iconomy, kits and that type of thing you must look at what they do to balance of the game. New players must be able to the thrive and have fun even when players have been playing for months.

Step back, read this information and evaluate how important kits really are to the game.

Guest LaughedSnail

You do have a point. CU fighting with iron armor and tools were more fun than ND's fighting. It actually took skill and strategy back then

Guest Reepz

Mcmmo is another stupid.. stupid idea for factions, The idea that you can gather a forest off wood in minutes, get 4 diamonds from 1 ore and mine sand faster then you can walk. But it gets better you can do 10 damage per hit with an axe and disarm people with your fists??? Clearly these are broken and weren't apart of C.U for a reason. This should be removed or a cap set at a very low number.....

At the moment MCMMO is the only plugin which adds goals for the players on factions, I'm not saying I am for it but we need alternatives to spice'n up factions. We have to focus on these "special plugins" before we start removing plugins. In addition, I think Dude is right with the kits. It will help to encourage the new players to at least start on their "journey". Kits may not be important but it is very simple to implement; it will take about minutes, maximum hours to add, while these special plugins will take days/weeks.

Honestly, its true that nowdays that people are giving players abilities that ruin the whole purpose of Factions. Putting restrictions may make some people upset, thats true but they do not know how factions are supposed to be like.

I'm willing to put my effort to impove the main server services while my other staff member is working on a new project.

Guest Nik

A properly configured mcmmo with no OP abilities is fine. But I do agree with Zacs points. We are considering an earlier map reset than 1.8 in order to give everyone a fresh start. We would worldedit a large percentage of diamonds out of the world. Combat log prevention would be made more effective. Kits are a small thing that doesn't really impact the game much. In fact I personally feel kits ruin the game. Maybe basic kits are fine, but as stated, its not our major concern at the moment.