Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Maintenance

1 post in this topic

Hi all, tomorrow evening and half of Saturday Chaotic United's servers will be down for maintenance for server migration.

This is to move our servers to our main server machine instead of the temporary one that was used while I was at vacation.

This includes the DBServer that we used due to the operating system for the old DBServer getting corrupted.

We used a different machine originally because one of the servers had a rootkit planted on the hard drive. This rootkit crippled many servers
and was nearly impossible to detect including many big companies such as Google.

It is noted that we have decided to classify this as a form of protest and did not ban the people involved.
This was a form of protest to get the exploit fixed on our servers and I appreciate that someone gave me the push that security issues need to be taken care of immediately. I've been in this position with big companies such as DIsney and have intentionally overloaded their servers before. This was on a kids site and alot of different people felt it should be more seucre, however Disney did not want to fix it so we had to make it a problem. This scenario fits very well with our incident on Saturday, with the roles reversed.

I am not a lazy bastard and I just want to clarify I was going to fix it the night that Color (The Attacker) used the exploit. I just wanted to do it at a time nobody was on.

I admit that I am not the best System Administrator, but I'm pretty damn knowledgable for not being certified and self-taught. I am only certified as a developer, but it is normal for a developer to be knowledgable as a System Administrator.

But back to the maintenance, this maintenance also is associated with fixing the disabled services for administrators that were exploited last Saturday, as I did not have enough time to fix it before I left to Florida.

Color has talked about striking back once a month, but by that time, I will be ready for him.

This does not mean we promote hacking, we are just working on developing a way that people can properly use this information that won't negatively affect the servers.

Also be on the lookout for more changes,,

Have a great weekend,
AwakenedRage