Become a premium member to remove ads
Blizz

Your Thoughts

13 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on marijuana, and people who smoke it? Do you think it's bad? Do you think the people that do it are bad? Have you ever smoked it? Will you ever smoke it? 

Well, I could say that I'm a 5/7 for legalisation, except that I feel legalising it would result in harder drugs becoming more prolific, and causing even more damage. So I'm actually a 5/7 against. 

And I'm not American either, so it's not my constitutional right to want to fill my body with narcotics, no matter how opinionated and xenophobic a guy named Brendan may be on the matter. And before you say anything, discussing legality is not illegal. 

It's already legal in my country (Netherlands) and I don't mind it at all. It doesn't cause any problems over here, it's quite beneficial in fact given that a large amount of the tourists that come here are simply looking for some weed. People who are high are the least dangerous people I've ever seen, they're always just enjoying whatever comes up tot their mind. Smoking weed isn't even a taboo here anymore, especially in the major "drug"-cities like Amsterdam and Zwolle.

The lads and I get some every now and then too. People react in different ways to it. One of my buddies just starts talking about all kinds of scientific crap and the gazillionth dimension and whatever. I myself usually get silent and start enjoying the most random thing like a flower waving in the flipping wind. It's a thing I can recommend to most people. But remember that too much is obviously too much and don't mix it with alcohol on your first go unless you like to hear that story of you vomiting all over the place over and over again.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

It's already legal in my country (Netherlands) and I don't mind it at all. It doesn't cause any problems over here, it's quite beneficial in fact given that a large amount of the tourists that come here are simply looking for some weed. People who are high are the least dangerous people I've ever seen, they're always just enjoying whatever comes up tot their mind. Smoking weed isn't even a taboo here anymore, especially in the major "drug"-cities like Amsterdam and Zwolle.

The lads and I get some every now and then too. People react in different ways to it. One of my buddies just starts talking about all kinds of scientific crap and the gazillionth dimension and whatever. I myself usually get silent and start enjoying the most random thing like a flower waving in the flipping wind. It's a thing I can recommend to most people. But remember that too much is obviously too much and don't mix it with alcohol on your first go unless you like to hear that story of you vomiting all over the place over and over again.

I've mixed it's not that bad.

2 hours ago, alycat said:

It killed my aunt, does that awnser your question?

Tell me how. Last I heard there is no case of anyone overdosing on Canabis

From what I heard, there has not been any cases of anyone dying from overuse of marijuana. I heard it has helped a lot with medical needs such as treating seizures or muscle spasms. Personally, I don't have a problem with seeing people use marijuana for recreational as long as it doesn't interfere with other important things. Also if marijuana becomes legal, there should be specific places in public area that allow them because there are some non-marijuana users who doesn't like to be around them in public areas. Again, just my opinion on this.

I smoke marijuana. I have been for almost 2 years now. I am still fully focused on school and have had no problems. The only problem I have is my age, I was introduced to it very young (13) have been an active user ever since. Other's say it is a gateway drug which can be true in some cases. I have tried other substances such as MDMA and Codeine/Promethazine  (Lean). Out of the two, to this day I will only consume Lean. I do not approve of it and do not encourage using it though but I enjoy its "high".

Guest natethegreat

I smoked weed for about three years, stopping last November. Great fun. Touching on Jamp's post, it's a gateway drug because of the position its in, imo. When you're dealing with one illegal substance, then there's always the possibility to come across other drugs. Once it's legal, that part of the equation goes out the window. You won't find anybody selling harder substances at a marijuana dispensary. Dealers on the other hand need to keep their options open and try to get as much income as they can, so they'll sell weed, MDMA, coke, hallucinogens (my personal favorite), and other stuff to get the most profits. Legalize it and it's less of a gateway drug. Sure, people still might want to experiment with other substances, but they won't be as easy to find when you walk into a store instead of a trap house in the hood. 

All in all, I love it. Makes me happy and giggly and love everything. Some people can't handle it, some can. Some get bad anxiety from it, so it's not for everybody. 

As for the death comment, see exhibit a: http://imgur.com/gallery/bRv8HXH

Jamp, I as well was introduced to marijuana at a young age(12 currently 14) It has had no negative effect on my school or social life. It has though opened me to another drug that I tried once but never will I touch it again. I was at a party once. There was no weed there but there was Methadone (commonly known by it's slang term Speed.) It makes you numb and unresponsive to almost anything. But after the speed is over you are tired as ♥♥♥♥. The night I was at the party was the night before my 6 hour trip home from my home state. I had to get up at the ass crack of dawn to begin it. But after taking the speed my mother had to come to my friends house that I was staying over and pour freezing cold water on me to wake me up. Even then I was still tired. I had slept the whole 6 hour trip plus 10 hours when I got home for a total of 20 hours of sleep. But I'm choosing to stick with weed. My grandmother who had breast cancer around 2004 used medical marijuana. The cancer returned in 2015 but with 3 more tumors; one in her brain one in her breasts on in her arm and one in her lower chest. The one in her lower chest is not able to be removed because it is surrounded by an artery many nerves and muscle. She was on medical marijuana for a while until the one in her chest grew despite the chemotherapy and radiation. It has since blocked her throat. She has since been using a feeding tube and is unable to continue using it. She said it had a positive effect on her life. It made her happy even though she had cancer. So I'm all for the use of medical and recreational marijuana (vote for Bernie Sanders he will try and make recreation marijuana legal) use. I respect those who don't like it. I just thought I was out of the ordinary for using it. 

Guest natethegreat
12 minutes ago, Blizz said:

There was no weed there but there was Methadone (commonly known by it's slang term Speed.) 

Speed is an amphetamine, while methadone is opioid. Entirely different drugs. 

2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Speed is an amphetamine, while methadone is opioid. Entirely different drugs. 

All I was told was that it was Methadone and others called it speed.

>ۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗۗ