Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

SG Server Announcement

3 posts in this topic

The staff here at CU are happy to announce that within the next coming weeks our server will once again be changing to a hub sever architecture to evenly distribute performance and perform much smoother. But that isn't the whole reason, we are also introducing a Minigame server that is mutually ran by CU and a couple small server communities.  This server includes Survival Games and many other minigames that players can participate in to receive money upon the match ending. Money on our economy system can be used to buy all sorts of items that can be used in the CU survival world as well as other servers.
In order to accomplish this alot of plugins had to be removed and replaced  with another plugin that can share data between servers. We decided to store all the data in multiple databases and transfered existing data from the current server on Tuesday in order to get a good idea on what players data is having issues transfering. Turns out, the transfer process takes alot longer then we expected (15+ hours With 1095 unique players on the server) Due to the high amount of time regarding the transfer, we have decided to retain the data from Tuesday night on the databases. We are completely aware that players will still be on the server making changes to their inventory while this is in the works. However, we request that our players who have been on the server after Tuesday night to place their whole inventory for the survival world in a chest so that items that were made/retrieved after Tuesday night will not be lost.The Estimated date that this will take place is on Next Sunday, (We encourage users to check this post often, because this date MAY change)

While transfering the database we found that the following players inventories were having trouble transfering:
- Dialga (Survival)

The players listed above will need to put their inventory in a chest before the estimated date or their inventory will not be retained.

But we wouldnt announce this much information for something that is in the works now would we? Well, I am pleased to confirm that I have my schedule completely free. With this opportunity I am positive that I can get a test server up by Sunday, maybe even earlier (No promises though)

The test server will be under a whitelist so we can test the server at a controlled limit. In order for players to get whitelisted you will have to go to the CU Test Server Registration topic on the forums. All ND Staff and CU Staff are whitelisted by default, but if I missed anyone just PM me and I will whitelist you. Preregistration are allowed and are encouraged, however you should note that world data on the test server will not be retained when the SG server goes public.

Lastly I wanted to talk about security on the new servers,  we want to let all users know that the backend of the servers will not be accessiable to anybody but me, Halo, and some ND Staff. Nobody from the other small communities will have access.

CONFIRMED DATE: Labor Day 11AM

Hope you all enjoy your labor day weekend,

~ Michael/ AwakenedRage98

Task List:

• XenCenter Updates
  • CentOS Installed on Xenserver VM's: 2 out of 2
  • Backend Configuration
  • Server File Reorganizing
  • BungeeCord Configuration
  • Auto-In Socket Configuration
  • Warps Verification
  • Minigame Shop Working
  • New Economy System Implementation.

IP: mc.nucleardistrict.net:36279

I'm sorry to announce that we had alot of delays dealing with the Database Permission system and as a result it has caused us to push the date back a day. So the set date is now Monday!

Test server is online and the whitelist has been disabled until the other sections of the server are added.

Currently Survival Games is the only thing you can play on the test server, however there are a couple things I want to remind you all.

• This is a TEST SERVER glitches are bound to occur
  • The test server will only be available on scheduled testing sessions
  • If you experience any bugs on the server report them to me via PM on the forum.

The server IP is mc.nucleardistrict.net:36279

We will let you know of our progress as we complete it.

~AwakenedRage