Become a premium member to remove ads
Kendev

ND Updates: MC server and more...

18 posts in this topic

I wanna give you guys an update on things

So as you all may have noticed, our MC server is no more.

The reason for this is basically lack of interest in both playing and managing. There is too much shit going on and too many errors that - if we look at our player count - is not worth solving.

We basically want to continue on the idea we have started when CU died, wich is being a Gaming Community. 

This does'nt mean we will be hosting a lot of servers, but we want to be a place where you can play games with friends and make new friends and enjoy the games you like to play.

Occasionally we are going to be hosting a/some server(s) for games we enjoy and play for fun.

For example: We are playing a lot of GMod prophunt/Hide n seek/Murder..., well we might host a GMod server for that and only putt it online when we play. Same goes for hundreds of other games.

Now for those that have got a lot of builds on our MC server, we (Alex) will be makeing the latest map available for download, so you can finish your builds or just f*** around on the MC map. 

And for the donators: There will be compansation for your warmly welcommed donations in future servers... Unable to tell you what exactly, but they wont go to waste.

I hope you guys respect this decision and help us starting up an actual community where we talk and play games we like instead of a 'forced' hosting of an MC server.

Suggestions and feedback is - as usual - always welcome.

What games are you enjoying at the moment and what games would be interesting to look at?

Don't forget, we have a TS for chatting ts.nucleardistrict.net

And a chill music lounge, also for chatting :) https://plug.dj/nuclear-district-official

Damn, I started playing on CU like 3 years ago, went through a lot of stuff, met new friends and all the other things I can't describe in english... oooh the fun i had here. I'm so sad to see the server gone, although it is a good decision since, no matter how much everyone tried, it wasn't going to work. I'll always remember CU's and ND's minecraft server. I hope to see some new projects that will keep remains of this awesome community together and hopefully bring some old members and new people. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to my room and drown myself in tears  :(

Well its actually kind of a positive. In fact most Minecraft server communities these days think that they can just stick to doing one thing and it will get better as a gaming community when its just a Minecraft community. Anyways, for me this is a positive because that means in the future I have a server to host Game Jive's LPs on for some of the games But I will miss the old Minecraft server but it will be for the better plus I can give some positive ideas on what games may be up for play. Anyways, best of luck to this future endeavor 

Well its actually kind of a positive. In fact most Minecraft server communities these days think that they can just stick to doing one thing and it will get better as a gaming community when its just a Minecraft community. Anyways, for me this is a positive because that means in the future I have a server to host Game Jive's LPs on for some of the games But I will miss the old Minecraft server but it will be for the better plus I can give some positive ideas on what games may be up for play. Anyways, best of luck to this future endeavor 

We're open for suggestions. Like Kendev said, we'd rather host a server which everyone can enjoy rather than force ourselves to run MC.

--> http://nucleardistrict.net/forums/forum/3-suggestions-feedback/

Guest Cyan

It surely is evident players have lost interests in vanilla Minecraft. Nevertheless, I will always remember the great times I had on the server. I met many awesome people an had a lot of fun, especially in the early days. In any case, nobody is to blame as this decision only reflects reality.  

Every end can become a new beginning. New games or even modded Minecraft versions may be the way forward. 

Considering this topic, @Not the Fluffiest and I have been building a custom Team Fortress 2 CTF map for ND. We very well may host it the moment it is done. Message/friend either me or him on steam to learn more about it.

Edited by ob103

My Game Addiction at the current time:
Garry's Mod Dark Roleplay.

Currently playing on a South African server (Region I live).
But it would be awesome to find or hear of server you guys play on or even if anyone is hosting one.

Guest aCuppaJoe

Thats a shame, I wish we could keep the current server online. If you guys need help with anything involving a new server I can help.

We could make something unique out of this and host individual servers (not necessarily by the admins' demand) of random games, preferably Team Fortress 2 and some of the other games CU used to do before it died.

Edited by ob103

Guest davidxd33

Ouch

Guest Pop

Sad to see server down, but indeed there are way less people playing it now. I remember when CU reached 100 simultaneous members at its peak.

There were like 4-10 people online most of the time. Idk, that's what made me enjoy this community the most. Smaller servers seem a lot more fun.

Guest The Tastiest Tickles

If you guys have any ideas that you'd like to see come to fruition please do share them, I'm sure the existing staff is interested in trying out certain things with you but the issue is and has always been player support, its a hard job making servers that see little to no population. A part of the problem is that all these ideas pitched in are 2-4 year old games that see very little to new new player flow and and players usually are loyal to the servers they've been playing on thus growth is very hard. Get your TS going again and develop an active gaming group, buy games together and start gaming together. Gaming communities is about the idea of gaming as a crew, not about hosting proprietary servers. Get your friends circle going, bring your friends in, introduce new people to existing people. If MC is still interesting many of you by all means keep a server going, just remember the idea is just to play together, not necessarly making servers. ND can be the hub by which you connect to external gaming the same way I use my Teamspeak to connect with my gaming group.

Guest River Fl0ing

Well it sucks that i never got to play on the server as I am noob but i am sure it was a great server even though it didn't last long at the look of it. :(

ok I was jiust banned by kffz for flying when I am a vip? wtf?