Become a premium member to remove ads
Atomicbeast101

Dream Laptop - Yes I mean it.

30 posts in this topic

Greetings nerds

I'm looking for a fabulous laptop to invest in to replace my old shitty Gateway NE56R13u laptop.

The specs that I need (I mean REALLY NEED) are:

- 8+ GB ram

- One 100+ GB SSD

- One 500+ GB HDD

- Has VGA and HDMI ports

- Has 2+ 3.0 USB

- Both WiFi and Ethernet

- 6 or more cell battery

- Quad-core CPU (intel or amd. dont give shit as well)

- Optical drive (*******OPTIONAL********)

- Don't give shit about graphics card

I do not have a budget limit yet, but I do not want to spend a fucking huge like 3 or 4 thousand dollars for a fucking laptop.

One of the laptop that "fits" my needs so far is: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9151461&Sku=GGG-102559434

Thank you all for your kind into reading this message.

Love,

Nuke

Edited by Atomicbeast101
Changed my specs list

Guest Nik

He is high

I hear custom built is a good option

In a laptop, it's going to be pushing the $2k mark fairly quick with these specs if you go custom built. Also, it's going to be heavy as FAWK.

Here's my suggestion, as I suggested to Nik a few days back. LINK No backlit keyboard but around the $1k mark, so that's good.

However, if you want even more than that, then I found THIS from your original link. Check out that keyboard.

And finally, if you want to spend around $2k mark - SHIT that thing's fast! (Also, HERE's the same one with one less SSD and $100 off the ticket)

Laptop? wat?

Dude, unless you need the mobility I suggest you forget the laptop and get a tower. They have a much better speed and graphical output. My friend built one for $1k and he says it was WORTH all the money and more.

He can play the most computer-speed-devouring games at the highest resolution and it still doesn't drop the fps below 80.

Why do I hear people keep telling me Alienware are bad?

Sometimes its based off of the way the specs are bit since they are made by dell they are dissing the laptop

My friend has an Alienware, with Quad CPU (which is great), 8GB of RAM (which works beautifully), Full HD screen, Decent storage (but no SSD) but by far and away the WORST, MOST SHIT FILLED SPAWN OF SATAN THAT COULD EVER FUCKING BE PUT INTO A PREMIUM BITCH OF A SHITTY COMPUTER graphics card from AMD.

Also, I'd like to point out my Dell laptop, with a dual core CPU and lower spec GPU, also built by AMD, HAS THE EXACT SAME FUCKING ISSUE WITH SHITTY GRAPHICS BEING SHIT AND BROKEN AND SHIT FUCKING DRIVERS OH MY FUCKING GOD HOW CAN ANYONE PUT UP WITH HOW FUCKING SHIT THESE BLOODY THINGS ARE?!?!

The flaw with that is the fact that my Toshiba c655 runs portal 2 at 60fps with vsync

The flaw being it isn't a Dell?

My moms dell runs better than yours apparently

Does your mum's Dell have ATI Radeon HD 8xxxM series graphics? Does it take about 3 HOURS to update the drivers to something that doesn't cause continual graphics failures, bluescreens, crashes and instability of the entire OS? Does she have an Alienware with ATI Radeon HD 6xxxM series graphics, which work great until the drivers punch a time card and FUCK EVERYTHING EVER, resulting in you spending 6 HOURS at a mates house to coax the GPU into running for a WHOLE GODDAM 15 MINUTES BEFORE CRASHING AGAIN!

See, I bet she doesn't have that. Any money you like.

I will be using the laptop for:

- Programming

- Networking/Security stuff

- College work

- Run 2 OS: Windows 8.1 and Linux Ubuntu 14.04

- Some mild gaming (Like some steam ones such as TF2 or GarrysMod)

- Some web development

- Watching movies (I will buy a separate DVD/CD drive for it. Not a problem for me.)

- Skyping

Is this a good option?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=fncwb1809b&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

- Programming

- College work

- Some web development

- Watching movies (I will buy a separate DVD/CD drive for it. Not a problem for me.)

- Skyping

Is this a good option?

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=fncwb1809b&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

It should do you good 

- Programming

- College work

- Some web development

- Skyping

Is this a good option?

It's a Dual Core laptop with no HyperThreading. I have a slightly earlier model with a dual core i7 (HyperThreaded) and it's ok for development work. The 5400rpm HDD really slows it down, but in games is can handle 60fps on Steam games like TF2. However, go to a game like Batman, on medium settings, and it only sits around 40FPS. Thats when the GPU is actually working...

It's a Dual Core laptop with no HyperThreading. I have a slightly earlier model with a dual core i7 (HyperThreaded) and it's ok for development work. The 5400rpm HDD really slows it down, but in games is can handle 60fps on Steam games like TF2. However, go to a game like Batman, on medium settings, and it only sits around 40FPS. Thats when the GPU is actually working...

Yeah I tried finding one that has quadcore without making the price go up really high.

Does your mum's Dell have ATI Radeon HD 8xxxM series graphics? Does it take about 3 HOURS to update the drivers to something that doesn't cause continual graphics failures, bluescreens, crashes and instability of the entire OS? Does she have an Alienware with ATI Radeon HD 6xxxM series graphics, which work great until the drivers punch a time card and ♥♥♥♥ EVERYTHING EVER, resulting in you spending 6 HOURS at a mates house to coax the GPU into running for a WHOLE GODDAM 15 MINUTES BEFORE CRASHING AGAIN!

See, I bet she doesn't have that. Any money you like.

Give this man a medal.