Become a premium member to remove ads
Kendev

'Starter car' comparison

18 posts in this topic

Now i am looking into buying a brand new car this winter, but i have already decided and configured what it will be.

But i want to see what you guys would pick from these options (or add one with a price tag below 30.000€/$)

This is an overview of some comparisons i made over various brands and types of wich are in my pricerange/likeing.

1. Ford Fiesta ST 1.6 Eco 180hp Manual - €23.235

2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Blue.jpg

2. Peugot 208 GTI 1.6 THP 200hp Manual - €23.501

Peugeot%20208%20GTi%20exterior%20design.

3. Renault Clio RS 1.6 Turbo EDC 200pk Manual - €29.290

2014-Renault-Clio-GT.jpg

4. Volkswagen Polo Sportline 1.2 TSI BlueMotion 110hp Manual - €21.540

Volkswagen+Polo+TSI+R-Line+Geneva+2014+P

(All prices are with configured options i desire)

Thoughts?

Guest LaughedSnail

Even though these aren't my prefered cars i would use, I'd pick the white for you

I prefer Ford cars due to feel, low cost of maintenance, reliability and "fun factor" for driving in (even though it costs more for extra features like A/C etc).

If you want all out reliability and great workmanship, VW is best. They are so well made, they de-value about half the rate of a Ford (so after 5 years, the Ford would be worth around €3500, whereas the VW would sell for around €5000. This is going by current UK market prices for main dealers selling a second hand car with average mileage (so 5 years = ~50,000 miles), but should give an indication of my thoughts.

TL;DR, I like Ford myself (more fun), but VW is better made if you want best reliability.

~EDIT~ I had an Opel Corsa (which was illegal when I bought it) so returned it and have now got a Seat Ibiza. The Seat is built on the same chassis as the Polo, so is certainly something to look into, as it's priced lower for very similar specs.

Guest Pvt_Braindead

I know this is old af but I would recommend anything Japanese; Honda, Nissan, Toyota. Just my personal preference :D

Edited by Pvt_Braindead

On 05/04/2016 at 4:16 PM, Atomicbeast101 said:

What about a lovely Toyota Prius? :P

I would spend 10 minutes berating you about just how WRONG a Prius is on so many levels. But you did a :P face...

Guest Pvt_Braindead
On 4/5/2016 at 11:16 AM, Atomicbeast101 said:

What about a lovely Toyota Prius? :P

LOL yeah i mean an actual car made by toyota, not a battery powered contraption of plastic and crap.

On 4/6/2016 at 4:37 PM, Falkerz said:

I would spend 10 minutes berating you about just how WRONG a Prius is on so many levels. But you did a :P face...

Wrong in what way? I haven't had any issues with my Prius...

10 hours ago, Pvt_Braindead said:

LOL yeah i mean an actual car made by toyota, not a battery powered contraption of plastic and crap.

Are you trying to say that electric vehicles aren't considered as cars? They do have the most torque, so in a race and whilst cruising around I'd rather drive an electric.

2 hours ago, Atomicbeast101 said:

It's not full electric though.

I ain't defending your car you filthy hybrid!

It's not the idea behind the car. It's how the Prius is made. Shipping stuff all around the world, and then building it. They could have at least built a factory in Canada, and just shipped materials in from China. Or even build the factory in China and ship materials there. But shipping it around the world 3 damn times is insane. 

5 hours ago, Falkerz said:

It's not the idea behind the car. It's how the Prius is made. Shipping stuff all around the world, and then building it. They could have at least built a factory in Canada, and just shipped materials in from China. Or even build the factory in China and ship materials there. But shipping it around the world 3 damn times is insane. 

Okay that's something I didn't know about. Thought they started building them in USA now.

Guest Pvt_Braindead

I just straight up like cars for the excitment of banging gears and ripping corners, you cant do that in a prius. 

Well, here's the thing right. I was thinking I'd like to get a car like THIS (The raw link is about a mile long FYI) which would be notably faster than my current car, mainly due to the removal of 2 doors, the 7 speed gearbox, and the addition of a turbocharger to the engine. It would have the same power output as my Dad's car, except it'd weigh a few hundred KGs less. Also, given my current one handles like a dream, this one would certainly play nice and be fun to drive fast. Alas, I don't have £20K to spend, and the financing would kill me, even if I had the income to support it. Perhaps a toy for when I'm finished my degree and get a decent job...

Holy shit this post is old, anyway ive had my Fiesta ST for over a year now

c12cc80dab31fff8caa7fb88ce54414e.png

With my Focus RS on order to come this July, still unsure about the color (White or Stealth Grey) ^^

nybn90.jpg

IMAG2271_zpsjxkbro55.jpg

Opinions are welcome offcourse :)

On 4/29/2016 at 3:09 PM, Kendev said:

Holy shit this post is old, anyway ive had my Fiesta ST for over a year now

c12cc80dab31fff8caa7fb88ce54414e.png

With my Focus RS on order to come this July, still unsure about the color (White or Stealth Grey) ^^

nybn90.jpg

IMAG2271_zpsjxkbro55.jpg

Opinions are welcome offcourse :)

White looks nice but i'd honestly go with stealth gray.