Become a premium member to remove ads
66boik99

Donation Idea

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

There was some recent mentions of changes to Donations, here are some suggestions:

For starters, I was wondering about certain ranks, some are quite expensive just to get a specific add-on/permissions.

What I considered was that perhaps you could sell permissions themselves such as God Mode.

I would really be interested in donating for that but I cannot really pay $160 (Upgrade Price), for something that is, honestly, not worth that.
Since the EULA issue the ranks themselves have become a little less, interesting and mostly all the same.
Perhaps like allot of other servers have done lately is find a "loophole" in the EULA.

One server I found, was using a method of selling points much like the ND Points and those points could be used to purchase things such as fly in game with special signs. These points could only be acquired by purchasing them with money.
This way, you are not selling the actual Minecraft products, you're selling useful points which people spend on whatever permissions they like.

Recently game servers such as           have added a new point system whereas you purchase those to buy perks in game and also purchase jumping the queue permissions, they cost allot of points but the points can be bought for the amount needed.
They also allow players to purchase Hub flying and Mob Disguises using these points in game.

Perhaps some ideas that they have used to still abide by the EULA but still sell the same items could be called a loop hole since the items were previously listed on the store but are now removed and replaced by points. 

Thank you!

The donation system will get a big overhaul, especially the prices. We all agree on the fact that the prices for higher-up rank are ridicilous. The problem is tho, we can't simply lower those, we need to come up with a good compensation for those who have already purchased them in the past otherwise it's money gone into the sink for them.

As for a system where you have to use hard currency in order to get soft (in-game) currency/points is unlikely, we like MinecraftMarket but sadly enough it does not support custom currency. But we'll look into perk specific donations.

MinecraftMarket submits commands after purchases doesn't it?
Any system you're comfortable with and like should work with a command unless it has no commands.

Anyway, thanks for responding and I am glad to hear the is an overhaul on it's way.
Good luck for the compensation issue, I will submit any ideas I have towards that in future.
Maybe mob disguises?