Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Chaotic United Update #1: Forums, Minecraft

7 posts in this topic

So, the other day I made a poll about someone hosting our server until I can afford hosting. The poll and my own vote has decided that we are accepting the deal. The server may be down for an extended period of time while the server files are transferred. A new forum rank has been created for now. It may or may not be temporary. The rank is "Server Technician". AwakenedRage and ci833508 are both in this group. They are to be considered staff for the most part. They are able to post in staff-only forums and are able to post News & Announcements. This is mainly because Chaotic United will be run on the same PC as another server for a game made by AwakenedRage. They will NOT host forever, just until I can get forum hosting.

FORUMS:

I am currently working on making custom icons for the more important forums that have no icon yet. Currently staff applications has a custom icon that I made within Photoshop, based off of other icons. I have also improved the Chaotic Blue and Purple themes. There are also new themes installed:

-Deviant III - Old Chaotic United premium theme. Is once again premium theme.

-Dark Matter - New staff theme

The Chaotic Red and Purple themes may become availible to everyone.

So, for a temporary amount of time, the fun stops?

No, I offered to host it as needed. I physically won't allow me to stop hosting it until I am absolutely positive that your new host is just as my server and enough funds for a year worth of hosting.

I also have another server incase my game needs the memory Chaotic United is using.

I promise,the fun won't end!

:)

No, I offered to host it as needed. I physically won't allow me to stop hosting it until I am absolutely positive that your new host is just as my server and enough funds for a year worth of hosting.

What does the server run on atm? Like the RAM etc? If you're looking to hold it until I get something like yours it could be a long ass time :/ Mainly because we don't have that many players yet, and even with the Christmas sale nobody is actually donating.

Below is the specifications of the machine's used, I currently allocate 4 to 5 GB to Chaotic United and the rest to Demoria.

Whenever the server is operating with both the CPU goes to 85% average. It only goes to 100 when the Minecraft server is starting up.

I want Chaotic United to at least have funds enough for a years worth of 4GB hosting before moving to another host.  Pretty much any host will beat my server regarding processor speed. However, memory is another story. The only reason why I lean towards a years worth of hosting is because you have alot of time before you to pay it again and can get alot of donations in that time.

Database Server:
        Operating System
            Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit SP1
        CPU
            Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz    34 °C
            Wolfdale 45nm Technology
        RAM
            4.00GB
        Motherboard
            Supermicro X7SBL (CPU 1)    24 °C
        Graphics
            Standard Monitor (1680x1050@60Hz)
            XGI Technology (eXtreme Graphics Innovation) Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Super Micro Computer)
        Storage
            698GB Seagate ST3750640AS ATA Device (SATA)    44 °C
            931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FBYS-02A6B0 ATA Device (SATA)    42 °C
            465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-41TMA0 ATA Device (SATA)    47 °C
            931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FBYS-18W8B0 ATA Device (SATA)    43 °C
            931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FBYS-18W8B0 ATA Device (SATA)    45 °C
            931GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0748 USB Device (USB)
            931GB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device (USB (SATA))

Game Server:
        Operating System
            CentOS 7
        CPU
            Intel Xeon ® CPU 3110 @ 3.00GHz     34 °C
            Wolfdale 45nm Technology
        RAM
            8.00GB
        Motherboard
            Supermicro X7SBL
        Graphics
            XGI Technology (eXtreme Graphics Innovation) Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Super Micro Computer)
        Storage
            Maxtor 160GB

Guest Welchsago

I truly appreciate this forum post.Thanks Again. Really Great.