Become a premium member to remove ads
ob103ninja

TF2 idea

17 posts in this topic

I believe I remember how we used to have a TF2 server in this community - Do you think we should set a new one up, in the form of a trade server? I think that would be rather fun. Opinions?

Guest Dude322111

I honestly think that every one of our servers ultimately faces the same fate - death due to underpopulation. If we were to have a trade server, it would be rivaled by the other chains of trade servers and no one would really know about it. A normal server won't work, most people choose Valve servers over community servers. Maybe a x10 server or some other custom gamemode would bring people?

Maybe. Let's think of some new minigame idea and see if an admin catches on and likes the idea. Maybe some kind of sniper arena?

Maybe. Let's think of some new minigame idea and see if an admin catches on and likes the idea. Maybe some kind of sniper arena?

I read everything on the forum, so if it's intresting I'll pass it over to the others :P

I read everything on the forum, so if it's intresting I'll pass it over to the others :P

That's a point... Anyways, another idea - A payload map made by us, but it'd be BIG - Not detailwise, but actual size wise. We could make it unique THAT way maybe.

A friend of mine known as NotTheFluffiest has had a conversation with me on this subject - We've come up with two map ideas. One is a trade server, based in a multi-level skyscraper. The other is a capture-the-flag server, based in a very large and complex network of tunnels underground, possibly will be called ctf_sewer_ND or something. Sound good?

Guest natethegreat

Want a populated map? Dustbowl.

Source: Our Dustbowl server is full from ~11am-2am.

Want a populated map? Dustbowl.

Source: Our Dustbowl server is full from ~11am-2am.

I know, but I'm looking at starting a map for this community as well. We've been looking into doing this for quite some time and it's about time we go forward with the plan. If you want to help that would be great.

P.S. this has got to be your first post on this forum, where have you been other than firepoweredgaming?

P.P.S. If you want to know more about the Team Fortress 2 map creation and/or if you have questions and/or ideas, contact "Not The Fluffiest" on steam. Map creation is in progress.

Edited by ob103

Guest Not the Fluffiest

I figured I'd have to come over here myself to figure out what this was about.

Yes, I'm working on building maps. Yes, my current project is a CTF map. No, it will probably not be what OB103 described it to be (it's moved past that point).

If interest in having a ND exclusive map is still on the table, I'd be willing to at least try building one to your specifications. I just need something other than OB103's word saying that you want this, I haven't heard from anyone.