Become a premium member to remove ads
Mikey

New Monitor?

10 posts in this topic

Hello. I would like some recommendations on what monitor I should get. I am currently using an LG Flatron W2361VG, It is a good monitor for general use but not really for gaming as it really struggles with dark areas. I was looking forward to getting a BenQ gaming monitor as it has the "Black eQualizer".
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Gaming-Monitor-RL2455HM-24-Inch/dp/B007HSKSMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405379179&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+rl2455hm

What kind of monitor do you prefer? IPS, TN, PLS, etc? Is refresh rate a big deal for you? Low response rate?

Anyway, for pure gaming I'd recommend the Asus VG248QE http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's a TN panel so the viewing angles aren't the best and the colors won't be like an IPS panel obv. It has a 1ms grey to grey respone time, I guess the full response time is around 10ms. It runs at 144hz aka you're gonna see up to 144fps on that panel fap fap fap. It supports Nvidia 3d vision which no one cares about but you can use lightboost which is nice. And the stand is perfect.

I was considering picking this monitor up aswell but I haven't yet, I will soon so if you want to know what I think about it just wait a bit :).

Guest LaughedSnail

I use a BenQ-RL2455HM monitor to play xbox on. I like it but don't speak Alex's monitor language..

I LOVE buying things online but a monitor wouldn't be one i would buy before looking at. I would walk down to go see all the monitors your local stores have and then buy the one you like the look of.

Guest Nik

If you have a nice tv, go get an hdmi cord. I was looking into buying a high end monitor to dual for my laptop, but then I realized I had a 40 inch led hd tv with a 120 refresh that I wasn't using...