Become a premium member to remove ads
KrazyHydra

Rate this build?

10 posts in this topic

Guest Nik

I personally would go with GeForce

Guest Reepz

Looks fine to me, and the equivalent Nvidia graphics card is the GTX 760? (Might be wrong)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/413251/Core_i5_4670K_34GHz_Socket_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

I should hop on this right away? Or wait for next gen CPUs like NTX?

Also, my budget increased $200 more because I got more from my paycheck than I anticipated [which leaves me around $1000], so I'll be able to upgrade/add some stuff.

"Next gen" CPUs don't mean shit imo. With Haswell we got a new architecture, a 1% performance boost, worser overclock ability and stuff you either don't care about or are too lazy to set up. If you don't mind waiting wait till the new series of GPUs which are rumored to start coming in fall. Nvidia's new chip most certainly is intresting.

Also, it's not necessary but you might wanna spend some extra bucks into a motherboard that is full ATX and has either SLI or Crossfire support. This gives you the ability to expand and save some cash in the future.

Guest XxxMadManzxxX

lol comparing AMD to Nvidia? it's un-reliable to compare the two. Find out if you want nvidia or amd then i can put some work down for you.Figure the games your gonna play find out which ones are amd and which are nividia optimized and go for the brand that you'll be playing more of. Don't wait for next gen its pointless. Budget stepped up 200, eh? Get the i5-4770 or i5-4770K. As it wont make a big difference maybe you could get 1866 ram. Not a huge difference in games maybe 1-3 fps gain. Pretty expensive build look into 80+ Silver Psu's. Everything else (Peripherals) are of personal preference and available funds.