Become a premium member to remove ads
Falkerz

Farewell Friend...

1 post in this topic

Before I start blubbing everywhere, I'd just like to say that I'm not leaving, but rather writing a homage to a truly great man.

This man, was a true inspiration to the community. He picked up the pieces nearly 2 years ago, and dragged this community kicking a screaming back to the front page of success. Sure, some people just don't give a damn, but this man, this true shining beacon of benevolence, has shown what can be done with sheer determination and unwavering effort.

There were times when he stood alone, and there were times when he had support from everyone. Regardless, he always had time to spare, even when he didn't. He knows what I mean, especially when he stayed up all night just to run backups of things and assure people about new features.

This person's true character was shown throughout the past year, through all the issues had. Most of there were never mentioned, and the majority of the ones that were announced, only so much information was released. During this time, two other people had become incredibly important as well. Nik and Nuke, the comedy double act, were crucial to keeping this wonderful man sane, and more importantly, helping him deal with the aforementioned problems. Without those two to back him up, none of us would be here today.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about by now. If you don't, then I'm afraid I won't be telling you, as we shall leave him in peace, to relax, rewind, and re-gain the composure and compassion he demonstrated so expertly these past few years. Some of you will remember him before his hayday, and some of you will only know him from his time as "the boss".

What's important to remember is that he kept the community alive, he brought it back from the brink, and it is in his name I continue, as do many others, to strive for a better tomorrow, in his image, envisioning his ideals, and forever remembering that, only by dedicating ourselves to something, to the point where our lives become inter-twined with it so inexorably that you cannot let it die, can we truly succeed in our endeavours.

So long friend. We'll always remember your name, your face, your passion. Have a beer on us, and we'll see you sooner than you think.

Falk, out.