Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Pop

Pop's sigmaking class

7 posts in this topic

Guest Pop

Ok, I started this up in CU a while ago for those that were interested.

If you're interested in making signatures using Photoshop, I can help.

Tell me if you're interested, and try doing the tutorial and homework below.

If you have questions about this, or a question about anything sigmaking or Photoshop related, go ahead and post them here.

615428b0c7f8c45bf364a539e98da03c-d45hk6s

Guest Pop

I'll also give any tips for turb0's sig here.

hellaswproof.png

First of all, what I see is too many focal points and a yellow color in the middle that doesn't fit very well with the rest.

Generally, you only want to have one main focal point, the single part that everyone looks at. Here, there are 3: The guys on the sides and the logo.

Secondly, the gold tint in the middle doesn't really go with the blue/white color the rest of the sig is.

Rather than making your own background from scratch, it'll be easier to start by using an image for the background.

The tutorial above covers finding a relevant background.

Also, a signature does not necessarily need to have text. I try to avoid it if I can because it is a serious weak point of mine.

I'll also give any tips for turb0's sig here.

hellaswproof.png

First of all, what I see is too many focal points and a yellow color in the middle that doesn't fit very well with the rest.

Generally, you only want to have one main focal point, the single part that everyone looks at. Here, there are 3: The guys on the sides and the logo.

Secondly, the gold tint in the middle doesn't really go with the blue/white color the rest of the sig is.

Rather than making your own background from scratch, it'll be easier to start by using an image for the background.

The tutorial above covers finding a relevant background.

Also, a signature does not necessarily need to have text. I try to avoid it if I can because it is a serious weak point of mine.

thanks for the tips!

maybe you could teach us how to make the logo in the middle a different color because I for one have no idea how to change the color of a multi shaded image.

And the background was just me playing around with gradients and the pencil tool a little :3  Maybe with you can show me an example of an acceptable background or a source to find one because I didn't find one that fit :)

Guest Cage The Rage

Make sure if you're rendering to be adept in the magnetic lasso tool. Don't expect the computer to render it perfectly for you.

Magnetic Lasso takes a while to learn, but once you get it, it's best friend.

Guest Pop

thanks for the tips!

maybe you could teach us how to make the logo in the middle a different color because I for one have no idea how to change the color of a multi shaded image.

And the background was just me playing around with gradients and the pencil tool a little :3  Maybe with you can show me an example of an acceptable background or a source to find one because I didn't find one that fit :)

I googled 'soccer stadium wallpaper' (wallpapers make nice stocks) and I came across this, which would fit very nicely.

1652251.jpg

You want to use images bigger than what you're going to use, never smaller. You never want anything to look pixelated and ugly.

For your homework you can use this and find a render of a soccer player, or do something different entirely.

Color manipulation will come later, but play with gradient effects a bit.

Make sure if you're rendering to be adept in the magnetic lasso tool. Don't expect the computer to render it perfectly for you.

One step at a time. I don't want to prioritize self-rendering when there already is pretty much a render for everything.

magic lasso is indeed very difficult, I am planning on trying to master it though

Guest Pop

Once you post a good render and stock here, I check and approve it and then post the next assignment.