Become a premium member to remove ads
Baxman

New laptop

14 posts in this topic

I am planning to get a Laptop so i can go mobile because i currently have a Gaming PC And a Mac Mini so i need something portable...

So i need feedback and suggestions on a new laptop for Decent gaming. If you have any links please share :)

Here are my idea's:

Lenovo IdeaPad Z710

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313581

Acer V5-552PG-X809 Notebook:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314182

TOSHIBA Satellite L55D-A5349 AMD A-Series A8-5545M:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216678

That's some of my selections...

If you are looking to buy buy a Brand laptop, you should go for HP or Acer. Ive used those my entire life, all my Laptops and PC's are still running (even my Compaq one from 2001 running WXP). Really reliable brands and amazing customer service. Your new laptop will run for ages

If you are looking to buy buy a Brand laptop, you should go for HP or Acer. Ive used those my entire life, all my Laptops and PC's are still running (even my Compaq one from 2001 running WXP). Really reliable brands and amazing customer service. Your new laptop will run for ages

Any models of Acer that can do a lot of gaming but on a budget? around (500-700$)

Any models of Acer that can do a lot of gaming but on a budget? around (500-700$)

Look into the Aspire series. 

Acer Aspire E1-771G

Acer Aspire V3-571G

is about 700$, 8 gigs ram, i5 3rd gen and Nvidia GFX so pretty solid for a laptop.

Look into the Aspire series. 

Acer Aspire E1-771G

Acer Aspire V3-571G

is about 700$, 8 gigs ram, i5 3rd gen and Nvidia GFX so pretty solid for a laptop.

I will look into those laptops :) 

And see if i like them!

Guest Spencer

Make sure the laptop has a dedicated graphics card and you should be set.

Make sure the laptop has a dedicated graphics card and you should be set.

I would avoid any of the 8xxx series AMD Radeon HD Mobility cards, because the drivers are absolute shite. Even using the latest beta drivers, I still cannot run certain applications, nor is my system 100% stable. Suffice it to say I never had these issues when I had a dell Inspiron 14 (from about 8 or so years ago) with an nVidia 8300M GS card that could run MC, CoD4 etc, and only stopped working when it became so full of dust it was overheating. Also, out of my friends, only one has an nVidia GPU in his laptop, and he's the only one who I haven't had to spend several hours fixing drivers for. And the AMD cards my friends and I have range from the 6xxx series to the 8xxx series.

I would avoid any of the 8xxx series AMD Radeon HD Mobility cards, because the drivers are absolute shite. Even using the latest beta drivers, I still cannot run certain applications, nor is my system 100% stable. Suffice it to say I never had these issues when I had a dell Inspiron 14 (from about 8 or so years ago) with an nVidia 8300M GS card that could run MC, CoD4 etc, and only stopped working when it became so full of dust it was overheating. Also, out of my friends, only one has an nVidia GPU in his laptop, and he's the only one who I haven't had to spend several hours fixing drivers for. And the AMD cards my friends and I have range from the 6xxx series to the 8xxx series.

Are their any models you recommend?

Are their any models you recommend?

Dell laptops are built like tanks. Vaio laptops are powerful but do wear out to the point where they look like crap. HP laptops have poor cooling and spongey keyboards (in my experience) and other manufacturers I cannot really say about. I would recommend looking at the outlet store of each retailer though (e.g. Dell outlet, HP outlet etc) as you can get certified refurbished (i.e. you cannot tell between it and a new product) laptops but for around £100 to £250 discount.

From my experiences with HP laptops, they over heat like crazy.

My HP Pavilion g6 can get up to 80C when plaing Minecraft, so I don't know the HP one you picked out, i7 and nvidia graphics on a laptop, that's a pretty good laptop, its just I don't know about the cooling on that thing.

My HP Pavilion g6 can get up to 80C when plaing Minecraft, so I don't know the HP one you picked out, i7 and nvidia graphics on a laptop, that's a pretty good laptop, its just I don't know about the cooling on that thing.

so i will go with the Lenovo not a big deal lol

Just found out that one laptop is on sale or something i might not be able to buy it in time.