Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest DrummerWiz

Mac or PC??

9 posts in this topic

Guest DrummerWiz

Comment below of what you prefer, Mac or PC, then give a brief explination of why you like your option. 

Honestly? I like PCs better because i can get into the files easier and take care of everything i need to do. 

Guest PhycoToDaMax

PC! The solfware is better. Or however you spell it, lol.

Guest MyHobos

I would say PC, simply because PCs offer more freedom and are (usually, not always) priced reasonably. I'm not saying Macs are bad, they're great for media but aside from that, not much else. They're extremely limited/restriced and are intensely expensive for something that looks great but doesn't perform as well as it should.

EDIT: Macs do have good battery life too

One of my IRL friends has a mac book and a laptop. However, he has a dual boot windows on his mac, due to software requirements for college. His mac is about a third the weight if my laptop, has about 3 times the battery life and can still run a fair few games on the iGPU pretty well, even when I have a choice between iGPU and AMD GPU.

So, to summarise, a mac is pretty damn powerful as a laptop, and can also perform really well as a long lasting windows machine. You just have to decide exactly what you want from your machine and whether component upgradable ty is something you want.

Guest emptyxbox

Macs are the worst for games:I My Mac OSX has done a master restart at least 5 times after downloading Steam. 

Guest Cage The Rage

To be honest I'm going to buy a MacBook Pro.

I do design and game mostly on console. I used to run minecraft on Mac and it runs pretty well.

I'd rather have a console where you don't have to worry about RAM. I buy my games off eBay anyway.

Macs are made for working on Photoshop and design tasks. It's the concept - don't buy a mac if you want to game.

To be honest I'm going to buy a MacBook Pro.

I do design and game mostly on console. I used to run minecraft on Mac and it runs pretty well.

I'd rather have a console where you don't have to worry about RAM. I buy my games off eBay anyway.

Macs are made for working on Photoshop and design tasks. It's the concept - don't buy a mac if you want to game.

or you can build a computer with graphics cards and other parts made for graphics design that will work better for possibly less price.