Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

CU Updates #33 - SkyBlock Shop, Icons, and Theme Fixes

1 post in this topic

What's this? A new announcement already?

Why, yes! We've gotten some fairly important stuff fixed up and added - as you'll soon see.

SkyBlock Shop

As of right now, **we've finally opened up the SkyBlock shop!** To get there, do `/warp sbshop`. For those familiar with past SkyBlock shops, this one works a little differently. Whereas past shops used regular Survival money, this one is entirely based on trading. Nearly all items currently available use Cobblestone as a currency, with some exceptions. This may or may not change in the future, only time will tell (although this likely won't be until the next world reset, whenever that is).

The prices are a bit "unplanned", and since I'm not the most knowledgeable on SkyBlock as I've only lightly dabbled with it, the prices *may not* be ideal. If you believe some things are priced too high (or too low), let me or another staff member know. I'll have some talks with staff to determine any pricing changes if need be.

Additionally, the plugin was coded entirely in one night - so I wouldn't be all that surprised if any bugs arise. As with anything else, if you find any bugs or strange behavior, submit a bug report.

Forums Fixes/Changes

Dunno how many of you keep up with the Update Notes blog, but we fixed a pretty major bug with the new 2020 theme. If any of you used it before and thought the colors were a bit... off, then you'll be pleased to know we've fixed this issue. The theme stores its color info as a browser cookie, and if the cookie was absent it wasn't properly applying the default color. That issue has been fixed, so the theme now displays as intended.

Speaking of forums, we've also reintroduced the Benefactor rank for forums - as well as given both Premium and Benefactor their icons again - or should I say, *modern* icons. If you for whatever reason prefer the icons to not exist, we've added a toggle in the Rank Formatting settings for the 2020 theme to disable the icons if you like.

Lastly, for the 2020 theme, we've introduced a categorized menu for the theme list. Since the theme list has only grown over the years, I decided to whip together a way to display them in categories - makes things much nicer to look at. This (and the rank option settings) will gradually be brought to the remaining themes as time goes on.

Future Plans

That just about wraps it up for now. We've got some more stuff coming down the pipeline (as always), but we're currently prioritizing introducing long-ago-promised content - things that realistically should've been done a while ago, but for one reason or another still haven't been finished up yet. A few things we hope to get working in the coming weeks/months include (though as usual we can't promise set dates):

• Bringing Dynmap back online
  • Resolving remaining issues with CUStatus (this is why the web toplists/server status hasn't been showing for a bit)
  • Reintroducing Factions
  • New gamemodes (can't go into much detail yet, but I can tell you this: we're currently exploring more competitive options)

For now, though, that's all I've got. See you folks on the server!