Become a premium member to remove ads
PurpleFreeze

Extra Moderation Assistance

9 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I'm PurpleFreeze.

I am going to be overseeing the server operations for the next couple of weeks (I'm actually at Michael's House) and also assign moderator permissions to Trustable Demoria Staff along with Collin. This is due to Michael's leave and I will stick to all of Halo's rules. So don't think you can trick me, with saying your more familiar with the guidelines.

The Temporary VPS will be remain in service until Michael comes back. This is due to the fact the DBServer is hosted on his personal server that connects all the computers in his house and he did not leave me the password for it (Even then, I'm more of a Mongo DB type of person

Stay Safe,

PurpleFreeze

Its too bad the server still going to use the temp vps... but what the hell atleast we can play lmao

Hey everybody, I'm PurpleFreeze.

I am going to be overseeing the server operations for the next couple of weeks (I'm actually at Michael's House) and also assign moderator permissions to Trustable Demoria Staff along with Collin. This is due to Michael's leave and I will stick to all of Halo's rules. So don't think you can trick me, with saying your more familiar with the guidelines.

The Temporary VPS will be remain in service until Michael comes back. This is due to the fact the DBServer is hosted on his personal server that connects all the computers in his house and he did not leave me the password for it (Even then, I'm more of a Mongo DB type of person

Stay Safe,

PurpleFreeze

Welcome

Its too bad the server still going to use the temp vps... but what the hell atleast we can play lmao

The temp VPS hosts the pre-existing databases from what I understand. On the server itself nothing is changed. And I assume that when we stop using the VPS to host databases, Michael will copy the files back that way we don't lose any progress.

The temp VPS hosts the pre-existing databases from what I understand. On the server itself nothing is changed. And I assume that when we stop using the VPS to host databases, Michael will copy the files back that way we don't lose any progress.

basically not much really changed tho but idk feels different... idk if its just my hunch or the server bandwith decreaded

basically not much really changed tho but idk feels different... idk if its just my hunch or the server bandwith decreaded

You would be somewhat correct about the server bandwidth decreasing. From what I understand, the databases were queried by JDBC connection locally instead of sending the queries out of the country. Since load balancing was not needed, the server is constantly sending information to the DBServer located in the UK, and is using an larger amount of bandwidth that isn't being balanced with the MCServer.

So the server may indeed start lagging because the server location is outside the US and is in the UK. Potentially, I may just end up putting in another ethernet cable to balance the connections and have the server use both ethernet ports.

On other note Michael did warn me about a notice from Redhat regarding a barrage of vulnerablilties possibly being present within our servers. I will be looking into that once Redhat reveals more information.

Sincerely,

Alex H / PurpleFreeze

Another thing, PurpleFreeze.

Seeing as I don't know ANY of these potential Moderators, I would appreciate if you have them apply here.

I made the United AlyCraft staff do the exact same thing, and RuleTech Games/Demoria Staff are no exception. They will all be accepted assuming they are reasonably decent looking candidates, this is more for me to have some sort of clue on these guys. (Plus it gives a slight boost in registered forum users)