Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Introducing: Premium Files!

9 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone! We have an exciting new announcement to share!

We are introducing a new premium files system to the forums, as an extension of our existing download center.

As you guys know, not too long ago, we made a poll on both Forums and Discord asking for your guys thoughts on us trying to do some stuff with CU that could help pay the bills (and then some). To my surprise, virtually everyone voted in favor those ideas. One thing I mentioned was things that made it to where not only us, but some of you as well, could also make some money. This is where these new expansions to our download center come in.

So, how does it work?

Simple. If you have a grand Minecraft build (either in a .schematic or a regular world), web content, graphic work, and so on, you can choose to upload the file as either free or premium. You can set whatever price you like. If people buy it, the funds will be dropped into your account balance, which can be withdrawn at any time you like. CU will take a small percentage of the funds, and the rest is yours. 

In accordance with this, we have updated our guidelines/terms for uploading files to the download center. You can check those here. Additionally, we have a nice information page for premium files in particular which you can check out here.

Premium Files FAQ

Q: Why can't I get 100% of the profits? You didn't make any of my content, I did! >:^(
A: Correct. We did not develop your content. However, we do host the website that you have uploaded the file to, and that host isn't free. Besides, we are very generous with only taking 15% of the profits. Some sites demand 20% or even 30% - which is just absurd.

Q: What if I create a build of a super sexy lady but I don't show any nudity?
A: This is fully permitted, but I don't know if anyone will be willing to buy it. Those kinds of builds are more of a screenshot piece. You're more than welcome to try, though.

Q: If I upload a file, do CU staff members get to download it for free?
A: Managers, Administrators, and Owners can download your file without needing to pay. Moderators and below must pay, however.

Q: If I upload something such as a SkyWars or SurvivalGames arena, will CU use it?
A: If we find interest in your build, we will generally inform you about it. We will never use your builds for free without your permission. You may allow us to use them free of charge, but otherwise you will receive a payment for the build before we use it.

Q: Why can't I get my withdrawal immediately?
A: As we mentioned before, we want to ensure we can actually pay you first. If we can't pay you for whatever reason (ex: the money in CU's PayPal was used on server bills), then we will need to transfer money into it beforehand. Don't worry - you will never not have your account credit. If need be, CU will pay you out of pocket. :)

Q: What if my content is commentary on a sensitive topic, such as racism, sexism, etc?
A: Commentary or not, if your content is deemed overly offensive, it will be removed. Otherwise, anyone could make racist content and just say "oh, its just commentary so its fine :D". Just because it's commentary, doesn't mean it can just bypass the rules. Ultimately, we are the judges in these cases.

Q: Can my content promote another community or website?
A: You can ask us first, however in most cases it is not allowed. Exceptions would be any content relating to Nuclear District, Hurricane Craft, Elaztek Studios, United AlyCraft, and any other members or partners of the Chaotic United Network. You can find a list of those names here.

If you have any questions or concerns relating to this new system, or if you think anything in the terms we've setup are unfair, let us know! This is fairly uncharted territory for us, and if there are legitimate issues and flaws with our current setup, we want to fix them as early on as possible. Additionally, if you have any other types of content we should set up categories for in our download center (free or paid), let us know!

Once again, I do want to thank you all for your continued support over the years.

Dude that is god damn nutty

Edit: y'all better use my got damn spleef maps 

5 minutes ago, soggy said:

Dude that is god damn nutty

is this positive feedback or negative

5 minutes ago, soggy said:

Edit: y'all better use my got damn spleef maps 

well we gotta get spleef first son

Edited by haloman30

1 minute ago, haloman30 said:

is this positive feedback or negative

well we gotta get spleef first son

sounds like we should get spleef

soggy maps best maps

what about the nutty part

soggy maps = nutty maps

amirite ladies and gents

your parkour maps are impossible

Ok ok you got a 1-10 scale of difficulty on these bad boy maps right? They're usually a 7 or an 8. On a scale of joystick user-good player, halo can't stop playing pacman