Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Service Interuption (All services offline)

25 posts in this topic

We are currently experiencing a service outage in our  servercenter, which is causing DCE, MySQL, Mumble,MC and email downtime. Our administrators are working on identifying the cause. We will make sure to update this post as soon as we have further information. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience.

Update #1: The Operating System is having issues and has to be reinstalled, we will be setting up a temporary MySQL/MariaDB in the next 10 hours. The server should be back up and running by tomorrow.

Update #2: TEMP VPS bought for Demoria Usage, but for right now it will host CU's DB until the original DBServer is fixed.

Update #3: SFTP has been installed, now MySQL will be installed

Updated #4: MySQL has been installed,but still has to be configured, because my SSH client does not allow data entry. such as Y or N because WINSCP sucks and I cannot use PuTTY on this computer ._.

Update #5: Someone tried to login to the VPS from China 155 times. Wow,

Update #6: MySQL has been configured on the server side. Permissions have to be setup next. Finished 6-7PM

Update #7: Noticed that someone successfully got into an Administrator Account on the Forums. MySQL efforts now put on hold Happened at 7:30PM

Update #8: MySQL Permissions Setup 10PM

Update #9 The database is having trouble importing due to the file being 1.07GB compressed. Efforts will be made later today to import only the required databases instead of all of them in a single contained file.

We are currently experiencing a service outage in our  servercenter, which is causing DCE, MySQL, Mumble,MC and email downtime. Our administrators are working on identifying the cause. We will make sure to update this post as soon as we have further information. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience.

Update #1: The Operating System is having issues and has to be reinstalled, we will be setting up a temporary MySQL/MariaDB in the next 10 hours. The server should be back up and running by tomorrow.

You're doing the best you can with the problems to resolve these issues.

We are currently experiencing a service outage in our servercenter, which is causing DCE, MySQL, Mumble,MC and email downtime. Our administrators are working on identifying the cause. We will make sure to update this post as soon as we have further information. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience.

Update #2: TEMP VPS bought for Demoria Usage, but for right now it will host CU's DB until the original DBServer is fixed.

Update #3: SFTP has been installed, now MySQL will be installed

Updated #4: MySQL has been installed,but still has to be configured, because my SSH client does not allow data entry. such as Y or N because WINSCP sucks and I cannot use PuTTY on this computer ._.

check the code back mate? Anyway whats your os? I can installed puTTy here lol i couldn't agree more WINSCP is fucked up lmao good luck then

Ps why not try to create some temp server? Like simple bukkit server? I forgot whats that called tho but i used to make a server back then

check the code back mate? Anyway whats your os? I can installed puTTy here lol i couldn't agree more WINSCP is fucked up lmao good luck then

Ps why not try to create some temp server? Like simple bukkit server? I forgot whats that called tho but i used to make a server back then

Well at the time of my last post, I was in school installing the required dependencies for the VPS. You have to keep in mind that there is no Window system for this VPS and its all terminal. Therefore I have to do everything through terminal and without data entry I found myself quickly unable to do anything until I got home because PuTTY is blocked by Sophos. As for the temp server, I thought Halo had something up. We use CentOS 7 for our servers, the old DB server was Windows Server 2008 R2.

UPDATE POSTED.

Well at the time of my last post, I was in school installing the required dependencies for the VPS. You have to keep in mind that there is no Window system for this VPS and its all terminal. Therefore I have to do everything through terminal and without data entry I found myself quickly unable to do anything until I got home because PuTTY is blocked by Sophos. As for the temp server, I thought Halo had something up. We use CentOS 7 for our servers, the old DB server was Windows Server 2008 R2.

UPDATE POSTED.

hmm... i see... have you tried to disable the antivirus? i dont really recommend sophos... for me its fine since i only used avg, avira and smadav... btw you guys were using vps? old C.U used Dedicated Server isn't it?

hmm... i see... have you tried to disable the antivirus? i dont really recommend sophos... for me its fine since i only used avg, avira and smadav... btw you guys were using vps? old C.U used Dedicated Server isn't it?

The server uses a Super Micro motherboard, so it is dedicated.

The DBServer is what the VPS is temporarily replacing because the OS has to be reinstalled.

As for the Antivirus

I wouldn't use Sophos if I wasn't forced to. Its a school issued laptop that has Sophos installed.

The server doesn't have sophos, its the computer I'm using SSH to access the server from that has it.

I don't have Admin.

So yeah...

LOL I wouldn't use Sophos if I wasn't forced to. Its a school issued laptop that has Sophos installed.

The server doesn't have sophos, its the computer I'm using SSH to access the server from that has it.

I don't have Admin.

So yeah...

Sad thing is we had somewhat admin access to install programs on our school laptops until people installed games

Even If I did have access, they would notice pretty quickly

console-screenshot-full.gif

Yeah, that's true but that's why my school and others around the area allows anyone to bring and use a laptop(wifi if if you have a 4te hotspot) as long as it's your laptop they don't care what you do. Are you able to bring a Laptop and get wifi somehow ?

3 Things:

• They own the laptop that I am renting from them
  • I signed a contract detailing the use of the laptop.
  • Last time I got in trouble for getting Admin 3 years ago I could of gotten a 1week suspension, but instead got a 1 day suspension due to it being my 1st offense.(Took them 8 months to catch me)

The server uses a Super Micro motherboard, so it is dedicated.

The DBServer is what the VPS is temporarily replacing because the OS has to be reinstalled.

As for the Antivirus

I wouldn't use Sophos if I wasn't forced to. Its a school issued laptop that has Sophos installed.

I don't have Admin.

So yeah...

lol mate you made my night xD basically that computer youre holding need to get fucked up lmao...

and also i've tried to get an admin in my school and it only give me 3 days suspension xD

i wish i can help you mate but we are separated like thousand miles

hold on... you are student from oxford?

I would get billed for the damage

lol mate you made my night xD basically that computer youre holding need to get fucked up lmao...

and also i've tried to get an admin in my school and it only give me 3 days suspension xD

i wish i can help you mate but we are separated like thousand miles

hold on... you are student from oxford?

I would get billed for severe damage to this laptop, otherwise I would have already done that. As for your other question, I am not from Oxford, I am in a high school in the US. I just looked up a screenshot of the software they use.

lol dat group name tho =="

luckily in my country that kind of regulations isn't yet to be made... soo it's like being given a fresh laptop tho

3 Things:

• They own the laptop that I am renting from them
  • I signed a contract detailing the use of the laptop.
  • Last time I got in trouble for getting Admin 3 years ago I could of gotten a 1week suspension, but instead got a 1 day suspension due to it being my 1st offense.(Took them 8 months to catch me)
Well damn that sucks. But nothin you can do about it :/

Who is chaotic united anyway? Is it yours?

And to stop it I banned Chaotic United lmao

It was abandoned in 2014 of February due to issues and lack of support. Then brought back and Halo claimed ownership of it .

I think he meant the USER ACCOUNT, in which case yeah it was an acc that I made.