Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Chaotic United - Six Years

7 posts in this topic

We made it guys.

On September 5, 2014, I started this revival of Chaotic United, and shortly thereafter Alycat joined and made critical contributions to the project. And despite recent events and previous issues between me and Alycat and with Windwhistle and WindFrontier, Alycat and I continue to work together on making CU great again.

Setback after Setback...

Many setbacks have hit CU, the worst one happening just recently where several staff retired and went over to Elaztek Studios and several players also left. Along with that, Wind also has left us and has returned to WindFrontier as well.

CU has been very chaotic (no pun intended. well, sort of) since this WindFrontier drama began. Several policies and rules are being updated and implemented to prevent future events similar to this from happening again. The events that transpired caused 3 months to be wasted for both CU and WF and has caused a lot of heartache for both myself and for Alycat. At first things were manageable, but as time went on Aly and I became increasingly miserable butting heads and being enemies. It wasn't right, we were close friends who understood each other better and more deeply than anyone could even begin to comprehend.

As time went on, I continued to feel more and more powerless and more and more hopeless for the future of Chaotic United. Not only because of losing my partner since almost day one, but also because CU continued to make no progress despite making the "important" decision to remove Alycat from CU. We went nowhere, we began to boast more servers, but these servers did nothing to grow population. On top of that, Blizzardbball was demoted off the team entirely due to "immaturity". While I agreed that some punishment should come to him for what happened in CU's staff and admin discord channels, I did not feel that a full on demotion was at all called for.

What I think doomed any cooperation with Wind/WindFrontier was the fact that we simply disagreed on too much stuff. Wind insisted that Alycat was a toxic and cancerous human being and extremely immature, where I thought that Aly was simply not the most mature person on the planet and didn't demonstrate the best attitude at certain times. Based on various external factors in Aly's life, that attitude was excused. Wind believed that Blizz's raging at CS:GO would annoy newcomers, and that he was overall immature and thus unfit for the position. I disagreed and others as well, stating that Blizz raging was going to be found funny more often than it was going to be found annoying. For example, see the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Wind and I simply disagreed on the general direction that CU should take and numerous other decisions. It ultimately led to the events that took place several times, with us eventually leaving WF behind.

As time went on and we remained with Wind/WF longer, the more damaged CU was going to be left in. Had Wind and them stayed in CU longer, it's hard telling what would have happened. I may have never gotten my friend back, CU may have shut down MC in favor of something different entirely. I may have lost all of my drive to keep CU going and either handed it off to someone else or shut it down entirely. But thankfully, nothing of the sort happened. Wind left and refused to return, Blar had already left. Michael wanted to start Elaztek and thus the door was gaping wide open for Aly to return. I know that some have questioned, "If halo knows that so many people dislike Aly, why bring Aly back in the first place?". The simple and not-so-cheery reason for it was not just that I wanted my friend back, but even more because there was no reason not to. Had I not done such, Chaotic United would have been rebranded into Elaztek Studios and the CU we know and love would be gone forever. And with me wanting to keep CU going, get my friend back, and continue my journey here, it was really a no-brainer. Elaztek was then presented as a place for people to "escape" from Alycat should they be unable or unwilling to tolerate Aly any further. Aly is not part of Elaztek Studios and while it has a different goal and ANYONE is welcome (and encouraged) to join it, some may prefer it because of the fact that it has the same team that CU has had for a while (including all of those who left besides Wind) and many of the same active users.

But at last, here, on Chaotic United's 6th birthday, we are leaving the chaos behind and we are leaving WF behind to continue to help CU grow and expand - the right way. Not by throwing away those close to you in the hope of a few players, not by allowing what some may consider corruption to enter the high ranks of CU. We want to grow in a natural way that builds a healthy community, built around caring about each other and being friends with each other, not built around hating former staff and admins and owners.

Some Changes

Several changes will be made to CU. Some policy changes to prevent future WF incidents will be made to the Terms of Service and the Community Guidelines. In addition, we are actively seeking out new staff members to help fill in the void left by those who have left over the course of the past few weeks. And of course, we are looking into new ideas and features to add onto our MC server.

In addition, all News and Announcements relating to WF and CR that were posted during the back and forth have been made public for you all to go back and read, as while it was a dark portion of our history, it is a part of history that we all know happened - and it will be remembered as we move forward. If we do not remember history, we forget it. And those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. And this particular instance is something that we must never repeat again.

Along with that, with Aly coming back, Chaotic Reborn has merged back into CU - as it should be. Other splinter communities have also re-merged back into CU just as they should have been. Blizz has been set to Moderator which is what I consider to be a more sensible punishment for his actions - a demotion, but not a total demotion.

Future Outlook

Despite what you may have heard over on Elaztek Studios, CU is not being "left to die". This outright lie has been perpetuated by some folks that don't entirely understand the situation, or by those who simply believe that Alycat will be the downfall of Chaotic United. What IS true however is that I will not be as active as I have been for a little while as I am doing a lot of work to start Elaztek Studios up.

I think that moving forward, we will be moving to expand beyond just MC server hosting as we were going to do beforehand. We have lost several servers due to recent events, however as mentioned before, these servers gave us no real traffic.

I will be doing a lot of work on Elaztek Studios for a while, however I will not be simply leaving CU in the dust.

Wrapping Things Up

To top things off, for the next 72 hours we are having a 50% off sale on everything in the donation store, for anyone looking to get an upgrade at a lower price. We have a lot of plans being discussed internally despite all of these recent events so stay tuned, everyone!

Happy birthday, Chaotic United!

The Chaotic United Team

------------------------------------

haloman30

alycat

16dbaxter

Atomicbeast101

esponshadow1

Follow Up

A quick little follow up in regards to Wind, and the reason Aly was actually demoted.

Aly was demoted in order to allow the WindFrontier merge to be given another attempt. Aly consented to a temporary demotion, but quickly that changed over to Aly leaving outright due to being shit talked nonstop. Wind had reasons of his own consisting of immaturity and Aly's overall behavior as not being "Owner material", among other things. The truth is that half of these reasons were either outright fabrications or were simply not anything worthy of demoting an Owner from power.

Alycat never once during this ordeal manipulated me.

What I think simply happened personally is that people were drawn to Wind's character and continue to be and thus are more quick to follow and believe his word. While CU did have instances where people tried to throw Aly off the boat, these instances were years ago and were over meaningless things, and being in a time where both myself and Aly were far less mature than we are now.

Despite what some of my posts have said in regards to Alycat, a lot of it was my own judgement being clouded by both Wind and by my own anger at the situation at large. Anger that was used as fuel to perpetuate the same bullshit lies about my friend.

This will be the last and final post I make that so much as acknowledges WindFrontier. Unless Alycat has anything left to add, WindFrontier discussion will be disallowed entirely on Chaotic United, effective immediately.

I want to thank those of you who have had the patience to stick with us during these hard times and I hope that you continue to stick by our side as we continue to grow and expand.

It all started with a small discussion on a merge with wind frontier, wind wanted to have his own rank same with oshie, so we held a meeting on it where everyone gave their thoughts and this discussion was to kill any concerns so the merge would be successful, I was at work during this whole ordeal and I when I got off read the whole thing and gave my thoughts, with my only concern being what I heard from many of the members and that was the title. This is where I told wind me and halo would talk about my concern but he should have had NOTHING to worry about that halo more than likely would sooth my worry's and he did, but wind decided to back out which was a slap to my face because he said it was because of me and many staff believed him because he raised a uproar and gathered many of our staff and members to his server all because I had a valid concern of the well being of me and halos community. This is where shit really went downhill, another instant where I was at work was when blar was losing his shit. So me and halo held another discussion with him regarding this, the original ideal was that blar was gonna be demoted for the issues he caused but instead got manager. Aalittle later wind messaged halo about another attempt for a merge with the terms of my demotion and I knew halo wanted it because his team was over there. It happened and thus I created a new place called "Chaotic reborn", after me and halo talked and i had to remind of the situation at hand and even pulled out as many screenshots as I could and quotes what ultimately brought me back that time was wind and blars rage quit, I came back but it didn't last but a month before once again halo wanted to merge back with WF because wind was trying to propose a paradise that would save Chaotic United. I gave him a greenlight as I felt it was my fault everyone was mad at me and to show him winds true side but this too blew up in my face. This is where things really went downhill. So I focused on Chaotic reborn and many came over due to the Bs. I'd post screenshots but I'll let halo do it. Or halo can post the discussions below. During this time I agreed to stay on cu with the temp demotion to give wind a shot as my demotion was the only way he would return this is where I was muted, kicked, insulted, mocked, and eventually banned. For what ever reason halo still was under winds influence, so I left all together. I many times talked to halo reminding him the real reason for my demotion and pointed out the direction cu was heading. Wind not only had halo in his grips but Michael as well who is a major contributor to Chaotic United. Eventually everyone forgot the real reason for my demotion and believed winds lies such as "Alycat unfit, immature and a manipulating peice of shit who is not a good friend to halo" where as anyone who looked at the situation and dug deep would find this as a lie. Eventually blar and wind left and joined many times and WF merged and unmerged many times eventually blar getting banned due to a rage quit because I got Michael and Ci to make up where as Ci returned as a manager. Halo talked to Michael because he and I were miserable being enemy's. It just didn't make sense. I pretended not to care because this whole situation was painful. Eventually halo came to realize everything I said was true and CU was doomed if someone didn't do something. He couldn't bring me back at the time because Michael threatened to quit for whatever reason he has against me. Once Michael found out I had personal problems in life (which I have had since before I met halo) he used it as a excuse. Halo eventually came up with the idea to switch me and the team, so the team went to elaztech and I came back. It has nothing to do with the fact I'm unfit, immature, or manipulative, those were all winds fabricated lies in which everyone believed because it was the only word/story they had to believe.

This is the product of half the normal amount of brain cells and smoking some major crack rocks. 

Try again next year. 

-Czar

On 4/28/2017 at 10:29 AM, CzarFlargen said:

This is the product of half the normal amount of brain cells and smoking some major crack rocks. 

Try again next year. 

-Czar

I think it instead is the product of someone trying to exit a state of depression, trying to save a friendship, and trying to save a community, but that's just me.

Please do not come here trying to start shit, as we do not come on your community trying to start shit either.

On 4/28/2017 at 3:32 AM, alycat said:

It all started with a small discussion on a merge with wind frontier, wind wanted to have his own rank same with oshie, so we held a meeting on it where everyone gave their thoughts and this discussion was to kill any concerns so the merge would be successful, I was at work during this whole ordeal and I when I got off read the whole thing and gave my thoughts, with my only concern being what I heard from many of the members and that was the title. This is where I told wind me and halo would talk about my concern but he should have had NOTHING to worry about that halo more than likely would sooth my worry's and he did, but wind decided to back out which was a slap to my face because he said it was because of me and many staff believed him because he raised a uproar and gathered many of our staff and members to his server all because I had a valid concern of the well being of me and halos community. This is where shit really went downhill, another instant where I was at work was when blar was losing his shit. So me and halo held another discussion with him regarding this, the original ideal was that blar was gonna be demoted for the issues he caused but instead got manager. Aalittle later wind messaged halo about another attempt for a merge with the terms of my demotion and I knew halo wanted it because his team was over there. It happened and thus I created a new place called "Chaotic reborn", after me and halo talked and i had to remind of the situation at hand and even pulled out as many screenshots as I could and quotes what ultimately brought me back that time was wind and blars rage quit, I came back but it didn't last but a month before once again halo wanted to merge back with WF because wind was trying to propose a paradise that would save Chaotic United. I gave him a greenlight as I felt it was my fault everyone was mad at me and to show him winds true side but this too blew up in my face. This is where things really went downhill. So I focused on Chaotic reborn and many came over due to the Bs. I'd post screenshots but I'll let halo do it. Or halo can post the discussions below. During this time I agreed to stay on cu with the temp demotion to give wind a shot as my demotion was the only way he would return this is where I was muted, kicked, insulted, mocked, and eventually banned. For what ever reason halo still was under winds influence, so I left all together. I many times talked to halo reminding him the real reason for my demotion and pointed out the direction cu was heading. Wind not only had halo in his grips but Michael as well who is a major contributor to Chaotic United. Eventually everyone forgot the real reason for my demotion and believed winds lies such as "Alycat unfit, immature and a manipulating peice of shit who is not a good friend to halo" where as anyone who looked at the situation and dug deep would find this as a lie. Eventually blar and wind left and joined many times and WF merged and unmerged many times eventually blar getting banned due to a rage quit because I got Michael and Ci to make up where as Ci returned as a manager. Halo talked to Michael because he and I were miserable being enemy's. It just didn't make sense. I pretended not to care because this whole situation was painful. Eventually halo came to realize everything I said was true and CU was doomed if someone didn't do something. He couldn't bring me back at the time because Michael threatened to quit for whatever reason he has against me. Once Michael found out I had personal problems in life (which I have had since before I met halo) he used it as a excuse. Halo eventually came up with the idea to switch me and the team, so the team went to elaztech and I came back. It has nothing to do with the fact I'm unfit, immature, or manipulative, those were all winds fabricated lies in which everyone believed because it was the only word/story they had to believe.

Amen.

There is one last thing Id like to add. The reason wind wanted me demoted allllll started RIGHT HERE 3ee5e0de8b32e7bbfe4f5e924dfd8c1e.png  I merly like I said, told him I may have concerns and would discuss it with haloman30, where halo soothed my worries. Instead of being happy he got his way, he pulled out. Later on that month haloman30 messaged him about a re-merge, where wind layed down the terms that he would should I be demoted.