Become a premium member to remove ads
AwakenedRage

Server Revamp

4 posts in this topic

Last night I meant to reinstall the operating system but never did, the reason is because I was extremely exhausted and the fact the server had quiet down. Tonight the server will be going down for maintenance to ensure future quality assurance. No server health management applications will be added, it is debatable whether bug-tracking will be enabled for the system.

Planned Server Configuration Changes:

• The server's player count will be reduced to 70.
  • More Ranks will be added, and some possibly removed to reduce stress on the permission system. To accommodate for Demoria System Administrators being able to administrate if needed.
  • Plugins that are unused, will be removed. Particularly the Clockwork Planter plugin.
  • Backups now scheduled automatically by the system.
  • Amount of Memory used will be decreased. to give the system some ram to use for file transfers.
  • EPEL will be installed correctly
  • RPM Forge will be installed correctly

If lag still occurs then more changes may occur.

*SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Last night I meant to reinstall the operating system but never did, the reason is because I was extremely exhausted and the fact the server had quiet down. Tonight the server will be going down for maintenance to ensure future quality assurance. No server health management applications will be added, it is debatable whether bug-tracking will be enabled for the system.

Planned Server Configuration Changes:

• The server's player count will be reduced to 70.
  • More Ranks will be added, and some possibly removed to reduce stress on the permission system. To accommodate for Demoria System Administrators being able to administrate if needed.
  • Plugins that are unused, will be removed. Particularly the Clockwork Planter plugin.
  • Backups now scheduled automatically by the system.
  • Amount of Memory used will be decreased. to give the system some ram to use for file transfers.
  • EPEL will be installed correctly
  • RPM Forge will be installed correctly

If lag still occurs then more changes may occur.

*SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Well said.

All the developers have access to the machine that CU uses due to the Developer Server being hosted on the same machine, we rarely make our presence known to CU's administrators that have access. I myself have observed the server a couple times under Michael's instruction to watch the server after he had an unexpected occurance that took a couple of days. I've only had to ban someone for a couple hours for mass joining on different accounts on the same IP and attempting to spam. We try to give many chances, and not perma ban on the first offense. That was only a rare case I would ban someone for that long, usually its just 20 minutes or a kick.

No DCE Developers (Besides myself) have touched CU's console, and I have the log displaying the information of whoever connects to the teamviewer on a separate monitor, so its safe to say that nobody has abused the system. All of our developers and Administrators are trustworthy when it comes to responsibility, at least for my side of the development team

Michael has the troubled side of developers, but about half of them are trustable and know proper displine procedures, while the other half are not familar with banning procedures as of right now due to them being nearly constant at work or taking a break.

Michael has previously said that if any disaster strikes the server, the DCE Developers will be the first people to be deployed and here is why: Coding the client takes alot more dedication then making an addon, and the chance that the client developers  will be ready to deploy is slim. .