Become a premium member to remove ads
soggy

Tchoukball

7 posts in this topic

Tchoukball /ˈkbɔːl/ is an indoor team sport developed in the 1970s by Swiss biologist Hermann Brandt as a warm up activity for the Swiss Handball team.

The sport is usually played on an indoor court measuring 27 metres by 16 metres. At each end there is a 'frame' (a device similar to a trampoline off which the ball bounces) which measures one square metre and a semicircular D-shaped forbidden zone measuring three metres in radius. Each team can score on both ends on the field, and comprises twelve players, of which seven may be on the court at any one time. In order to score a point, the ball must be thrown by an attacking player, hit the frame and bounce outside the 'D' without being caught by the defending team. Physical contact is prohibited, and defenders may not attempt to intercept the attacking team's passes. Players may take three steps with the ball, hold the ball for a maximum of three seconds, and teams may not pass the ball more than three times before shooting at the frame.

Tchoukball has become an international sport, played in Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Great Britain, India, Italy, Japan, Macau, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the United States. It is governed by the Féderation Internationale de Tchoukball (FITB, founded in 1971). Taiwan hosted the 2004 World Championships and won both the women's and junior championships, with the Swiss men winning the men's championship. The 2006 European Championships were held in Switzerland, with Great Britain taking both the Men's and Under-18's titles, while the hosts won the Women's event.

definitely not from wikipedia

also here is video

her

Hello all, 

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to the sport of tchoukball. I love this game, and think it's brilliant.

If you are as interested in the game as I am, you should visit my website:

tchouktime.com

It's a new hub for tchoukball information and equipment, and I would appreciate the support :D

Thank you very much!