Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Suggest New Gamemodes for the MC Server

New CU Minigames  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What Minigames should be focused on after SkyWars?

• KitPVP
    • SurvivalGames
    • Building Game
    • TheRedCore
    • Deathmatch
    • CTF (Capture the Flag)
    • PropHunt
    • Screw Minigames! Focus on something else (please specify)
    • Other Gamemode (Please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

19 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone!

Chaotic United's new MC experience are constantly being upgraded every day. Here soon we plan to make the push to start incorporating minigames. Currently, SkyWars has the most progress towards it and will likely be the first gamemode to be implemented.

But afterward, I want to know what we should focus on afterward. A poll has been created to assist in this. Have at it!

If you have an idea for an entirely unique minigame, or one from another server that you want added and isn't on the list, just reply to this topic with said suggestion.

We need prison. It make take time to set it up ,but you don't really need anyone to play it. Plus it takes a lot of time to accutaly finish playing prison. So please consider prison.

stick too one game mode. focus on getting people interested in it. u guys have too much shit on your server right now.

10 hours ago, Smooth8 said:

We need prison. It make take time to set it up ,but you don't really need anyone to play it. Plus it takes a lot of time to accutaly finish playing prison. So please consider prison.

From what I can tell, Prison will likely require its own BungeeCorded server. Once we get the Dedicated server back I will begin setting it up (but don't let me forget :P)

2 hours ago, Jamplifier said:

stick too one game mode. focus on getting people interested in it. u guys have too much shit on your server right now.

Only thing is, what little players we have right now are accustomed to the current setup. People play all the different modes here and there. While there may be a lot of modes on the server I personally don't see the logic in gutting everything and then leaving one. The thing about the current modes is that not too much can be done to boost their functionality. I've heard suggestions of incorporating Towny but that's about it. Plus (from what I know, I could be totally off with this one) survival servers don't seem all that popular nowadays.

I do invite you to help me understand why gutting nearly every mode on the server would be beneficial, because it just seems nonsensical to me atm.

On 4/5/2016 at 7:40 PM, Jamplifier said:

http://minecraftservers.org/ most of the top ranked servers are based off the same idea, whether its pvp, skyblock, mini games, ect.

I think gutting any gamemode could end up losing any population we have atm, seriously, having alot of options isnt bad wtf, not everyone likes the same thing so giving em options to choose is great.

9 hours ago, alycat said:

I think gutting any gamemode could end up losing any population we have atm, seriously, having alot of options isnt bad wtf, not everyone likes the same thing so giving em options to choose is great.

"any population we have atm" hows it working?

On 5/13/2016 at 8:04 AM, Atomicbeast101 said:

@alycat Josh has a good point there.

Josh didnt make a point, he asked a question, and currently me and halo are doing some maintnance on stuff for future refrence.

3 hours ago, alycat said:

Josh didnt make a point, he asked a question, and currently me and halo are doing some maintnance on stuff for future refrence.

Josh was implying that your statement about removing gamemodes due to "losing any population we have atm" is laughable because we don't actually have any.

That being said there IS a population, but one that is not online at the same times. 10 people replied to the April survey, as such there are clearly people. I am still in favor of NOT removing any gamemodes. Sure focus can be shifted to specific gamemodes but that does not necessitate the removal of the others.

16 hours ago, haloman30 said:

Josh was implying that your statement about removing gamemodes due to "losing any population we have atm" is laughable because we don't actually have any.

That being said there IS a population, but one that is not online at the same times. 10 people replied to the April survey, as such there are clearly people. I am still in favor of NOT removing any gamemodes. Sure focus can be shifted to specific gamemodes but that does not necessitate the removal of the others.

Exactly. Also QUIT HATING ON MY BANDICAM!

15 hours ago, haloman30 said:

I didn't even mention Bandicam in that post, but I will say that Bandicam is pretty shit tho

A good youtuber Ik uses bandicam.

2 hours ago, alycat said:

A good youtuber Ik uses bandicam.

Use OBS, it's open source thus completely free. It's made for streaming but it records damned well too.

On 5/20/2016 at 9:21 AM, Alex said:

Use OBS, it's open source thus completely free. It's made for streaming but it records damned well too.

Ik obs, perhapes me and you can skype and you can show me how to set it up properly because it only records about 30 seconds max before its stops, like it will say its still recording but when done, the video only caught 30 seconds max.... 

2 hours ago, alycat said:

Ik obs, perhapes me and you can skype and you can show me how to set it up properly because it only records about 30 seconds max before its stops, like it will say its still recording but when done, the video only caught 30 seconds max.... 

Googling is a basic skill that should taught on schools ;).