Become a premium member to remove ads
Atomicbeast101

Website Server Migration - Complete

1 post in this topic

Greetings members!

The whole migration progress has finally been completed (almost). Yes, the whole homepage and forum's design are completely different. It was a 5 long and painful process for me, but it was worth it in the end. There are some missing features that you're seeing on the forums, it is mostly due to the new release of IPB version 4. As we go on, we will keep an eye for any new updates to the applications we had in the previus IPB forum version and have them updated ASAP. Please let us know by Private Messaging or posting here any errors/issues you see on the forums and we'll do our best to address the issue. 

You should see some performance improvements after the migration for two reasons. The whole website is running on SSD (Solid State Drives) and the forum software 4.1 upgrade.

For Technical Geeks:

Spoiler

- Bought a new website server host from NameCheap hosting company
- Copied everything over and upgraded the forum software from 3.8 to 4.1.
- Added new skin for NuclearDistrict's (ChaoticUnited's skin will appear once it's made.)
- Added new homepage to replace the existing one.
- Updated the rank badges
- Updated the default profile image
- Improved notification system on forums (Thanks to IPB forums software 4.1).
- New forum is now responsive. (Meaning that when you make the browser's width smaller, the website responds to it and makes it more easier to view. Works very well on mobile.) 

We know that there are no sidebars appearing in the main forum page, we are currently working on that situation. We'll let you know when it's up and running. You may also have to redo your personal profile customizing. Currently, there's not much customizing you can do, but once we find the correct programs to allow it, we'll let you know. :) Yes, I know the skins we have currently are so bright at the moment. Soon I'll have the dark theme added, along with other skins Haloman30 adds.

Why we did the migration? It's to save money and allow the community to last longer.

Here are the list of forum programs we do not have currently:
- Moods
- Arcade
- Awards (Yes I know, we're all desperate about it.)
- Personal Font Styles
- Mentions (@username)