Become a premium member to remove ads
JohnnyDroid

New Headphones

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I wanna buy some new music headphones and I can't really decide which ones to buy.

The headphones should be over-ear, bass focused, preferably no mic, not too bulky since I wanna carry them around(bus, school etc.) and the price of 60-100$. I was looking at Razer Electra, Skullcandy Crusher and Sennheiser HD 439, but I don't really know how good they are...

If you guys know any good headphones please leave a reply :) Thank you!

Edited by JohnnyDroid

I've had great experiences with Senheisser gear. Can't say much about skull or Razer except that brand such as Razer can be overpriced. Share some links to some pairs you were looking at and I'll see what I can do for you.

Ok so Razer is out but I'm still thinking Sennheisers or Skullcandy Crushers. The problem with Sennheisers at this price is that the build quality is not too good(all plasticky, poor noise isolation), while the Crushers have the bass slider(which I don't really like) that allows bass tunning, requires a battery for the build-in amp and I've heard that Skullcandy's headphones break easily. So right now I'm down to Sennhiesrs HD 439, Skullcandy Crushers and maybe Sony MDR XB950AP. Here are the amazon links(I'm gonna buy them in Mediamarkt Germany though http://www.mediamarkt.de)

http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Crusher-Headphones-Built-Amplifier/dp/B00E1CS8QG (61€)

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-439-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W1TM (61€)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-XB950AP-Premium-Overhead-Headphones-black/dp/B00NBR6QKC (90€)

If you know any other good headphones or headphone brands please tell me, and keep in mind that I only listen to electronic music like trap, dubstep, house etc...

Edited by JohnnyDroid

How about the little brother of the Audio Technica M50's aka the M40? They're still praised as gods.

I'd personally go for something neutral rather than something that has a boosted bass of tremble, you can always use an equalizer if you feel like the music doesnt contain enough of it.

How about the little brother of the Audio Technica M50's aka the M40?.

I would buy those but they are not available here or in Germany...

There is a shop that sells Audio Technica, but not that model. What do you think about ATH-WS55?

Edited by JohnnyDroid

I would buy those but they are not available here or in Germany...

There is a shop that sells Audio Technica, but not that model. What do you think about ATH-WS55?

Where is "here"? Amazon.de has the M40x for 95.

Can't say anything about the WS55 given that I do not have any experience with them. Google is your friend.

Heard good things about ars technica (haha) and I've had great experience with my sennheisers. Bose do decent gear, but it's nothing to shout and scream about. I have a pair of Veho headphones. VX1 I think. Decent, clean sound, and pretty damn cheap. See if they do anything bigger.

Where is "here"? Amazon.de has the M40x for 95.

Can't say anything about the WS55 given that I do not have any experience with them. Google is your friend.

Here is Serbia and after some research I found some M40x-s, heard pretty good stuff about them but they are more like a PC/Studio headset and, according to reviews, they don't sound anything special on mobile devices and I'm planning to use my headphones outside too.

Heard good things about ars technica (haha) and I've had great experience with my sennheisers. Bose do decent gear, but it's nothing to shout and scream about. I have a pair of Veho headphones. VX1 I think. Decent, clean sound, and pretty damn cheap. See if they do anything bigger.

Which Sennheisers did you get? Edited by JohnnyDroid

I got some in ear phone oriented ear buds. MM 30i. The i stands for iPhone, so you'd want to look for that alternative version if it's for a droid phone. They're very good headphones, quite bassy, and have built in audio controls and a Mic, for hands-free calling. Around £30

I had spent about $40 on a headset because I don't really like headphones, but they are pretty damn good. I've had them for about a year and a half now, still work like new. They have good bass, and inline controls such as volume adjustment and to mute the headset microphone. The microphone in the headset is retractable, so you don't have to worry about it getting in the way. I'll admit, after having them on your ears for a while it starts to hurt, but then again it just might be me because I let other people use them and they had no problem with them. The microphone quality is amazing, but I don't really think that matters. Anyways, you can take a look at it for yourself here.