Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

CU Updates #5 - One year ago....

3 posts in this topic

This post is not announcing much, as Michael already took care of the announcement portion. However tomorrow is a very special day for both myself and the CU community. It was almost a year ago that I began my efforts to bring Chaotic United back from the dead. I was told it would never succeed. That it could never work, purely because of the past, and all the things killerteddy did with it, and the horrible reputation it earned over the years. I was told that the idea of it was stupid and that I would see in time what they meant.

Over the last year, Chaotic United was brought back to life quite successfully. We managed to:

• Obtain a paid IP.Board license
  • Get a fully functional Minecraft Server
  • Slowly grow in player population
  • Prove the h8ers wrong

I just want to give my thanks to several people who made this happen:

• Alycat - Bringing in GeneralKnapp and Michael, Co-Owning CU, being loyal since the beginning
  • GeneralKnapp - Paid the initial fees for IP.Board, IP.Chat, IP.Content
  • AwakenedRage - One of the biggest contributors, he hosts literally every server we have.
  • Mikey - Helped fund several endeavours for CU, including a Trademark and powerful DDoS protection
  • Nikfection - For initiating the CU and ND merge, with the original CU community, to unite everyone once and for all

And most of all, I want to thank everyone who has been a part of our journey thus far. It has been quite a ride, being a community owner for the first time. It has been amazing to do this, to do what many people considered foolish and "impossible". And I can't wait to see where time takes both myself, Chaotic United, and Nuclear District next.

Cheers,

- Haloman30

Haha, I can see your confusion with us having no players at this moment. However yesterday we had a considerably large amount of players on the server. You have to keep in mind that we aren't a very popular server at the moment and a majority of our player base is either in High School or College (Which just recently started for most people).  Its understandable that our player base may be doing other things, but that will not keep us from contributing to the server.

Most of us have been working on other things related to the community and constantly check on the server for players in the process. If a player joins, more staff will get on the server, but as of right now it is not needed.

~ AwakenedRage98 / Michael

We've came a long way, and a long way do we still have, not just for Chaotic United or Nuclear District, but as Chaotic United Networks in general, :3 lets all work together, we can accomplish this, expecially since we have done so much so far.

Thanks to all who have helped on the way as well.