Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Nik

Potential Relaunch (FTB Server)

14 posts in this topic

Guest Nik

Hey everyone,

Now don't get too excited, because this is a very tentative announcement and is dependent on a variety of factors.

We are currently exploring the relaunch of a modded server on Nuclear District. This will be a small whitelisted server. The cap of players will depend on activity, as we are going to be looking for a set number of active players such that there are at least a few people online during the daytime. We would encourage people who stream or post youtube content to showcase their work on this server. The goal here isn't quantity of players, its quality of active individuals who present themselves maturely. The rules will be straightforward and everyone will be expected to show the utmost integrity.

The plan is to launch a FTB server. This will most likely be focussed on community building. Thus it is a non-pvp server for the most part, though parties can organize their own pvp as they wish. The idea of the community build enforces the fact that people develop a central hub and branch out with their builds.

The ETA of this server is undetermined as of now. We plan on advertising this launch on reddit in order to get a few people sign up and commit to be active, and once we generate enough interest, we will setup the server. The specific FTB modpack is undecided, though I am leaning towards either infinity or direwolf20. If you have any suggestions or strong opinions for which modpack to use, feel free to post here.

-Nik

Nice, I got a YT Network Launch going soon so when the FTB is up please notify because I plan on doing a lot more videos soon. Thanks man

Guest Nik

Mods shall halp.

There will be no ranking system on this server.

Guest LaughedSnail

So is it definetely gonna be FTB?

Guest Nik

So is it definetely gonna be FTB?

still trying to figure that out. will put up a poll at some point

Yasssssss  :D

Garry's mod servers are hard to setup and maintain when me and blar and cars where maintaining one in the past. we had 2 problems, it's kept crashing and the lack of population made us change the gamemode many times. soon closed it.

Edited by 16dbaxter

Why does everyone have to have a modded MC server? Like seriously, get a Garry's Mod server or something, cause not a lot of people play MC anymore (including myself)

Name someone who has a modded server.