Become a premium member to remove ads
MRtangerine

Headsets, Headphones, The real thing to listen to music and games with

10 posts in this topic

Long story short, i am one reply away from telling Logitech to suck my ♥♥♥♥ and sending them a video of me breaking every piece of logitech gear i own. In case this does happen i was looking for some advice on a headset clearly designed for sound, if it comes with a mic or not i do not care. The point is the sound quality.  Price range between $100-$200 but id love suggestions of all ranges to get ideas about what is on the market.

Long story short, i am one reply away from telling Logitech to suck my ♥♥♥♥ and sending them a video of me breaking every piece of logitech gear i own. In case this does happen i was looking for some advice on a headset clearly designed for sound, if it comes with a mic or not i do not care. The point is the sound quality.  Price range between $100-$200 but id love suggestions of all ranges to get ideas about what is on the market.

Well, I have some decent Bose headphones form a few years ago (but they get HOT).

My 'phones for my phone are some Sneheisser MM30i's, which are in ear headphones. Integrated mic, decent sound, and strongk bass. Cost about £40.

Otherwise, I use a shitty Trust headset which sucks balls but won't stop working; and some Earforce X11's.

Here's a video that should give some help in deciding. TEK

The ATH-M50's (Audio Technica) are praised as gods in the audiophile community, so you might aswell just check those out.

However, it should be noted that if you do not own any sort of dac/amplifier there is no point in purchasing high impedance headphones given that you will not have the power to properly drive them, thus not using them to their fullest potention.

The ATH-M50's (Audio Technica) are praised as gods in the audiophile community, so you might aswell just check those out.

However, it should be noted that if you do not own any sort of dac/amplifier there is no point in purchasing high impedance headphones given that you will not have the power to properly drive them, thus not using them to their fullest potention.

Very true. I was thinking along the lines of simple yet great sound. Getting proper audiophile headphones is a great option, and there's a video from tek syndicate (makers of video I linked earlier) discussing custom build gaming headsets for~$1000

Very true. I was thinking along the lines of simple yet great sound. Getting proper audiophile headphones is a great option, and there's a video from tek syndicate (makers of video I linked earlier) discussing custom build gaming headsets for~$1000

I'm gonna assume that the thirth zero was by accident. I'd rather pick up a new GPU with a couple of SSDs for 1k :).

I'm gonna assume that the thirth zero was by accident. I'd rather pick up a new GPU with a couple of SSDs for 1k :).

Intentional. I never said it was the video we should definitely watch, but it's a video they made.

Intentional. I never said it was the video we should definitely watch, but it's a video they made.

How did they make a headset that cost $1000? Did they strap a Blue Yeti onto a Sennheiser HD 800?

How did they make a headset that cost $1000? Did they strap a Blue Yeti onto a Sennheiser HD 800?

Like this...