Hey there, player! If you are reading this, you probably found some kind of code somewhere and are wondering how to use it! If this is the case, keep reading. Alternatively, you might have abused the codes system and have been suspended. If that is the case, scroll down to the very bottom. Perhaps you are just one of those people that like to read these kinds of pages. In which case, have at it.
Finding out what type of code you have:
There are varying codes that are used in varying places. You can figure out what kind of code you have by checking the format of it.
Redeeming a Survey Code:
This section requires you to be in a specific world.
- OLD/CURRENT Survey Code Format - MMMSYYYY####### - These codes are given upon completing a survey and allow you to obtain an item, usually a Crate Key
- MMM - The first three letters of the Survey's month
- S - An unchanging character identifying the code as a survey code
- YYYY - All 4 digits of the Survey's year
- ####### - A series of random letters and numbers
- Player-to-Admin Code Format - ###### - These codes are generic codes that are manually recognized by an administrator, at which point they will give you a Specialized Code
- ###### - A series of random letters and numbers that make up the entire code.
- License Keys - #####-#####-#####-#####-##### - 5 sets of 5 characters, used for a variety of purposes. These types of codes are uncommon
- ##### - A series of random letters and numbers that make up the entire code.
- Specialized Codes - ####-####-#### - 3 sets of 4 characters, used to redeem a variety of items. These types of codes are typically given after verifying an Player-to-Admin code
You can redeem a code on our store, found at http://donate.chaoticunited.net
under the 'Exclusives' category. You can buy these as well, but since they are exclusives you gotta have real cash to blow. To redeem your code:
- Go to the donation store.
- Click the "Exclusives" category.
- Select the appropriate Crate Key that is for this month's survey.
- Add the crate key to your cart.
- At checkout, enter your code in the box, then click 'Redeem'
- Click the 'Checkout' button, then agree to the Terms of Service.
- You should see a screen saying your cart is empty and that your purchase was successful.
- Wait a minute or two and the crate key will be given to you ingame.
- Go to a crate with the key in your inventory, right click it, and see what you get!
Redeeming a Verification (Player-to-Admin) Code:
- You must be in the Survival, Factions, or SkyBlock world when redeeming the key.
- You may give the key to another player if you wish
These codes were created to prevent abuse of codes, such as a user saving a code and distributing it to others. These codes are useless until verified by an admin (currently only haloman30 has access to License/Code management) and then a code is given to you. If you have one of these 6 character codes, simply message haloman30 via the forums to get your single-use code in return.
Legacy codes refer to codes that have a new format, that may or may not still be active codes. Legacy codes may also refer to former codes used in place of store-wide sales.
Simply put, you MAY:
- Give your single-use code to someone else
- Give your Crate Key to someone else
You MAY NOT:
- Give your verification key to another player
- Reveal survey codes to other players
- Sell your code on eBay or elsewhere
When you fill out a survey with your username, it is recorded. When you redeem a Survey Crate Key on the Store, your username is manually checked to see if it is on the list. If you filled out spam responses, your unredeemed key or your redeemed item will be confiscated no matter what. If you chose to remain anonymous you will be asked what you inputted on one of the questions and your item will be returned (assuming your answer to us was at least close to your survey response). We suggest entering something memorable in the username field or elsewhere to verify your identity. If you are a repeat offender, further action will be taken on your account:
What can I do if I have been temporarily suspended?
- 1st offense - Redeemed key or item confiscated
- 2nd offense - Redeemed key or item confiscated, 500$ (ingame econ) taken from your account
- 3rd offense - Redeemed key or item confiscated, 1500$ (ingame econ) taken from your account, 3 day suspension
- 4th offense - Redeemed key or item confiscated, 5000$ (ingame econ) taken from your account, 7 day suspension
- 5th offense - Redeemed key or item confiscated, Ingame economy account emptied, 20 day suspension
- 6th offense - Permanent account suspension from the Minecraft server
- Temporary suspensions are not typically lifted. They are temporary so that you may return to the server in the hopes that you learn from your mistakes.
What can I do if I have been permanently suspended?
- The only thing you can do is make a ban appeal here
. Assuming you abused the Survey Rewards system six times, you should have learned by now. That being said you are free to make an appeal as once in a while there are people who just take that many hits to realize their mistakes.