Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest The Tastiest Tickles

Kerbal Space Program for the CHEAP !!

19 posts in this topic

Spring Sale ends may  21st.

Game is undoubtedly the best available on their sale right now.

Paper's please is also a title to look at.

Chivalry is also a good pick for the price.

That's an impressive project compared to what I've seen. I'll be picking the game up aswell.

And about Papers Please, that's a must have even if you hate 2D old skool-ishness.

That's an impressive project compared to what I've seen.

Orbital rendez-vous + docking is some tough sh*t.

I don't regret picking KSP up, it's azum.

Went to the mun the first day and went again today for more science purposes.

Some beautiful pics of the trip in da spoiler. (I got home safe and sound btw)

qnM4Qih.jpg

OFmRp6l.jpg

Also an completely unnecessary project that I started that will become a fat but rich in features rocket.

This is only the last stage C:ZoF9f6E.jpg

Good job on your first Mün success, that is a surprisingly large module for a first landing.

Your last picture you seem to be carrying 4 laboratories, that is 3 more than necessary, you cannot bring back the same operation several times for repeated science.

That mobile treatment module you are carrying will let you repeat operations and process them in the field to later transmit them back to kerbin. The multiple labs are superflu, you should (almost) only ever be carrying one of each science modules. Another piece of information you may enjoy is that drag isn't yet implemented, thus the only current contribution of the aerodynamic nosecones is adding mass (which you rarely want to be doing).

The footprint may feel wide but that is a tall rocket, i'm going to assume you want to keep that module in orbit and not land it as you attached the mobile treatment lab, but then again that large footprint does make it look like a landing sequence...

We're you to want to land this you probably would want to make it tinier and to decouple that large engine and its tank during your landing sequence without planning a way back since you're using the treatment lab. (speaking of which that engine + tank probably have enough Delta-V for a round trip to Duna)

Finally you might like to know planets like Eve or Duna have atmospheres that may be useful to parachute landings and aerobrakes.

Deal is over, was removed before may 21st.

Reached Minmus today C: .

Reycg7m.jpg

I shall reach further systems with the plans I have tho, will show later :D.

This game is addicting as fuck.

Nice progress !

Aight so I went back to KSP and got some stuff done.

Reached Duna twice, first lander fell over second one landed and got back to Kerbin orbit but ran out of fuel, my landers need redesigning :/.

And I reached Eve and Ike with science labs C:.

SfR5PBp.jpg

MXTsmWM.jpg

Xqmw7xu.jpg

gdykV2z.jpg

Also my current tech tree

EOLjgxu.jpg

Your lander is fancy !

Your lander is fancy !

But there's a crapload of unnecessary stuff on it, I didn't know that you could actually reset modules which become inoperable after transmitting with a science lab :P

Build a spaceship yay

EbaDtty.jpgfm3YccJ.jpg

Only lost an engine on touchdown.

trYI3Kp.jpg

Also a new Station with refueling capabilities (WIP) , and I installed some graphics enhancer mods.

WjiroNt.jpgVqQswSa.jpg

Did you actually manage to rendez-vous to that station or is that just initial payload ?

Did you actually manage to rendez-vous to that station or is that just initial payload ?

After swearing and many retries I managed to rendez vous it :P.

I now also have a crew module attached to it, it's nice to have extra guys in the air for whenever you frigging forget to fill you science lab on your way to Moho.

Your SS infrastructure seems to be a pretty smart assembly. I like the screenshots they are gorgeous with the better atmosphere mod.

Your SS infrastructure seems to be a pretty smart assembly. I like the screenshots they are gorgeous with the better atmosphere mod.

I'm trying to make it as modular as possible so it's easy to swap stuff out when updates or newly researched stuff comes along.

It looks like crap but it works C: .

dUUs981.jpgedWr9e6.jpg

Life-line type things are from KSP KAS quite an awesome mod and you can do a shitload with it, but I only use it to not lose my Kerbonauts... It has happened before...

Also brought a Rover to the Mun for do some research in different biomes. It's worth mentioning that driving on the Mun with such a bulky Rover is a lot of fun :D.

3sf4Ylj.jpgsjb0prs.jpgVyyLUwz.jpg

Installed B9 Aerospace for some more plane options and went making planes all night long. None but one worked lel:

YvWxuyN.jpgKQhaSqC.jpg

Stock engine btw

Brought back a probe that took data from Eve and Gilly orbit and gdamn the results.

ZC5gt9X.jpg