Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest ilovecars333

Car Help

12 posts in this topic

Guest ilovecars333

If you need any help with cars, facts, or anything car related, post here!

Edited by 16dbaxter
He told me to update this!

I have a car planned with a potential engine design of a w20 engine and 4 turbo chargers. Is this feasible? Can you recommend a suitable material for the chassis and driveshaft? We've tried carbonised Steel, carbon fibre and titanium, and they've all exploded from the torque.

Guest ilovecars333

I have a car planned with a potential engine design of a w20 engine and 4 turbo chargers. Is this feasible? Can you recommend a suitable material for the chassis and driveshaft? We've tried carbonised Steel, carbon fibre and titanium, and they've all exploded from the torque.

Is it feasible? Yes, it is possible.

Can you recommend a suitable material for the chassis and driveshaft?

I would try aluminum and fibreglass if you haven't already.

In what way is aluminium or fibreglass better than titanium?

If the Titanium explodes, there must be something wrong with your turbo's, like not correctly connected to other components etc...

I assume its a 4WD and not FR or RR/MR.

Most racecars have their crucial parts made of Titanium (with chrome), so youre gonna have to check that out whats causing the explosions.

Have you inspected your parts to see if they are working properly? 

I think it's just the torque setup. I'll have to tweak the engine for a bit more speed rather than acceleration.

Guest ilovecars333

In what way is aluminium or fibreglass better than titanium?

Both are just other materials that you can use, however; aluminum is a lighter alternative for steel

We've ditched the W20 engine design. We discovered the fault was with the linkage between the dual gearbox design, and a single gearbox exploaded even faster. Too many angles for the mechanics to handle. Anyway, we're now experimenting with a hybrid ramjet fusion technology. It's slow progress but so far nobody has exploded too hard...

On a more serious note though, what are the main mechanical aspects of a second hand car to investigate before committing to a purchase? I know things like Service History, rust, dents, leaks etc etc, but anything else? (ignoring the obvious clutch bite, engine note, cam belt, gear box, steering rack, ignition coil, water block / pump...)

Guest Pvt_Braindead

On 7/4/2014 at 4:03 AM, Mikey said:

Wat engine swap for 240sx since 2jz too mainstream.
2jzswap.jpg

Go SR20 with something like a GT35. ^_^. More affordable and way easier than 2jz, plus you know... still Nissan.

Edited by Pvt_Braindead