Become a premium member to remove ads
MRtangerine

chaotic

5 posts in this topic

Having some free time on my hands I decided to read up on all the fun I've missed out on, I see everything is living up to the name chaotic. Just throwing this out there but everyone who hates Cu and everyone that really loved Cu seems to have issues with this Cu. Maybe, just maybe if this Cu wasn't called Cu you guys be having the same issues that the old Cu had, which is annoying kids with ddos subscriptions.

But that is just my 10 cents about fixing the ddos, the server down times and fixing all the extra work you guys have to but in to keep everything stable.  

Michael has already fully set up protection for DDoSes, and this DDoS is from someone who would also like to use the CU name.

Of course you are probably wondering why I have not changed the CU name yet. And are probably going to be pissed to hear that I likely won't. It isn't due to your fault, or anyone on ND's end. Part of the reason is that there are MANY other people who would be happy to take the Chaotic United name and, unlike me, don't give two shits about it's past, or any of those who contributed to the original CU. I don't view myself as a more-than-qualified figure of running a server, however I feel I can do it better than some of these other kids who actually do fit the bill of the accusations you made to me and my fellow players/staff. That is, they want the name solely to "be a kid with a website that people come to".

The point is, if I drop the name then someone else will come along who you'd probably have a lot more of a problem using the name than anyone here. It is pretty much impossible to stop CU from returning in some form or fashion. And I think you would rather have me, a loyal member of CU since January 2, 2012, be the one to run it than the others who wish to claim it. 

One of your claims you've made is that you have more rights to the name than anyone here does. While that may be somewhat true, I never saw anyone at ND even show the slightest interest in remaking CU. I waited until September before taking any sort of action, and I even said loud and clear on your own MC server that I was going to try and revive CU. The ND staff made no comments or anything.

I have ultimately decided to pretty much leave ND alone. The PM that ended up being an almost agreement for a name change was intended only to clear things up with the ND staff. From what I have learned the only way you guys will leave us alone is if we leave you alone. So that is what I decided to do. Leave ND alone and to its own devices.

I've acknowledged you guys as having plenty of claim and credit to this name. I have prevented ND staff from being banned from this community multiple times. I have made pretty clear that I have no issues with ND staff, players, or whatever from coming here. I even honor old ND donations.

I would have made this a PM but there are plenty of regular CU members here who have no clue about this, as I have not yet posted our PM conversation public. As for people hating this community, that was a risk I was willing to take to make this happen.

I won't try and convince you guys not to hate us, as I have seen now that such a thing simply isn't possible. But you are more than welcome to use whatever CU services you wish. After all, it is a new start to CU, right? And nobody has broken any rules.

Also after some thought on this post, if I come off offensive in any way I do apologise, I just feel this information has to be known one way or another.

... Its hard to press on this iPhone, so I gave up and just did it the old fashion way, a arrow!