Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

Regarding Donation Perks in Survival - and More

Donation Ranks Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the current cooldown restriction?

• Too short.
    • Just right.
    • Too long.
  2. 2. How do you think we should handle other permissions (/gamemode, /fly, etc) [select your BEST TWO, DO NOT SELECT MORE THAN TWO. ALL YOUR VOTES WILL BE IGNORED IF YOU DO]

• Remove them from all ranks
    • Move them to different ranks
    • Split survival into two gamemodes - one with the perks and one without
    • Keep the perks on the main MC survival, but don't allow them on the semi-vanilla server
    • Keep fly, but remove /gamemode and /item
    • Other (Specify by replying to the topic)
  3. 3. What do you think of a CU Semi-Vanilla server?

• Sounds awesome!
    • Sounds kinda boring.

5 posts in this topic

Alright, so as of recently there seems to have been some controversy about CU's donation perks.

I have been told by a few people that I should remove and/or limit the use of /item, /fly, and /gamemode perks. My stance has been, and still is, to maintain the system exactly as set up by the old CU. This has worked just fine for the past almost 4 years, but this past week people have suddenly had an issue with it - enough where I feel a poll should be conducted regarding this as well as another idea that has been presented to me: a Semi-Vanilla server.

Now, this idea is something I mentioned in the previous announcement as something I would not do, but this was in the concept of replacing the main server with such a server. The idea I am presenting now is to have this as a separate server entirely, likely BungeeCord-ed with the main server for easily going between the two. This server would have some basic stuff - /home, /me, CUEmotes, Residence, WorldGuard, Essentials, anticheat, and possibly a single donation rank with a few added perks (maybe) - but that's about it. Staff would have only the extra perks needed to effectively check grief and fix it, moderate, and so on, which excludes a lot of the typical stuff that can be seen as "extras", which means they can play legitimately right beside players. This idea is something that ND experimented with right before we merged with them originally, and it seemed to do well. This idea has been mentioned to me by a few people as well, and while I absolutely will never replace the primary server with this, I believe that setting it up and making it a reality would be both easy on the team and easy on our available server hardware.

The poll presents various voting options for how these things should be handled, and get your guys' interests figured out. A couple things to note before we wrap up this topic though: On the 2nd question (the one regarding the perks directly and with the most choices), please PICK TWO - and ONLY two. If you do not pick two, your votes will be ignored entirely. Additionally, these votes do NOT guarantee that we will go in that direction (or not exactly specifically), this is meant to see where current user interest lies and doesn't automatically determine the exact direction we will go. Rather, the votes you make will be taken into consideration when we do decide. This doesn't mean that what the winning vote is won't happen, it just means that us (the CU Staff) ultimately reserve the choice to do what we feel is the best for the future of the community. Also, if you select "Other" for that 2nd question, make sure you give us your idea by replying!

The cooldown that was mentioned in the first question was implemented today - it is 15 seconds per use of the command. More details on the update can be found here: 

Lastly, if you happen to be a donator of these ranks, we want your feedback especially, as everything that was suggested thus far was (mostly) from people who didn't wield these powers.

We look forward to hearing your feedback, and we thank you for your interest and participation in helping make CU better!

halo lied to me, I change my vote from #1 to "too short" cause 15 seconds is far too short bud

Just now, haloman30 said:

how long should it be then

if you want a a timer maybe 5 minutes but I enjoy the idea of a restricted "/item", allow the use of spawning things like bricks, wood, building materials, etc.. (nothing sellable), and remove /gmc for donators who aren't at the tippy top

Just now, soggy said:

if you want a a timer maybe 5 minutes but I enjoy the idea of a restricted "/item", allow the use of spawning things like bricks, wood, building materials, etc.. (nothing sellable), and remove /gmc for donators who aren't at the tippy top

/gm is for Chaotic only - the highest donation rank