Become a premium member to remove ads
haloman30

MC 1.12

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd let you guys you know our plans for 1.12.

You may recall last year when we did our official relaunch. The original plan for this was to rebuild our MC server from the ground up and, well, re-launch.

The major problem in the way that was executed is that at the time we had one physical server to work with and that was it. As a result, the MC server was inaccessible to normal users and thus a lot of potential traffic was simply lost. During a large portion of the time, myself and many other staff members were effectively "on break", mine of which was pulled to a screeching halt when I learned that Nuclear District planned to close. After that fact, we wanted to just get MC back online, and thus, no real major changes were made and we merely had the same server with a fresh coat of paint.

Nowadays, however, we are not in this position. I have a personal server of mine that nowadays is used for testing out CU servers. Most of the things detailed in CU Updates #17 will make their debut on 1.12. This time around, we are going to do a real relaunch. And this time, there is no pressure on us to rush everything just to get a server up. We can take as much time as we need without making you guys be unable to have anything to play. Some of the work for 1.12 has already been done, actually. Mostly in regards to spawns and builds.

So far, we have gotten a handful of additions suggested by you guys for Brink of Chaos mods. But now, I want to ask you guys what you want to see on our vanilla server. Any particular features or plugins or gamemodes you'd like to see on the next iteration of Chaotic United Minecraft, just as before, send me or any other staff a message, be it public or private, with your suggestion. If it is feasible and everything is compatible, then you can expect to see it make an appearance. Just know that due to our still limited resources, that we can't add literally every mode ever created (yet), and thus the most popular suggestions will be prioritized (this mostly applies to gamemodes. If you just have a simple addition to the server or a specific mode, this isn't as much of an issue).

That's all for now, folks! We hope to see you all on 1.12 and beyond!

Would Pixelmon be a possibility? If I remember correctly it doesn't run well with other mods and is pretty intensive but it may be possible? 

I didn't really look into this but I know there is a Yu-Gi-Oh mod for 1.7.10 so that may be possible?

These are the only mods I know off the top of my head. xP

10 hours ago, Metalic_Shield said:

Would Pixelmon be a possibility? If I remember correctly it doesn't run well with other mods and is pretty intensive but it may be possible? 

I didn't really look into this but I know there is a Yu-Gi-Oh mod for 1.7.10 so that may be possible?

These are the only mods I know off the top of my head. xP

Pixelmon probably not as it wouldn't fit into the theme and the modpack is already intensive as can be (120+ mods)

Spoiler

I'd say portal gun. Remember back in 2012 "FC" HEEhehehehe a name of which I won't speak of because i know it emberasses halo looooool. Anyways the name isn't important. Me and haloman30 tested mods out back in 2012. Perhaps zepplin mod, Clay soldiers? Dinomob? Cars and planes mod? Dragon saddle mod? Aether mod? Heh Im just getting started.

On 6/12/2017 at 0:42 AM, alycat said:
  Hide contents

I'd say portal gun. Remember back in 2012 "FC" HEEhehehehe a name of which I won't speak of because i know it emberasses halo looooool. Anyways the name isn't important. Me and haloman30 tested mods out back in 2012. Perhaps zepplin mod, Clay soldiers? Dinomob? Cars and planes mod? Dragon saddle mod? Aether mod? Heh Im just getting started.

Many of these aren't up to date anymore. PortalGun is in the pack already, there are no cars but there is a ships mod that lets you create flying ships or boats from your builds. I may look into cars however. Aether was actually in a previous version of the pack but was removed for what if i recall correctly was compatibility problems.

15 hours ago, Nish said:

FEED THE BEASTTTTTTTT

The pack currently runs off of the Technic launcher as FTB has no easy way of adding user-created modpacks.

Also I hid your other two posts - if you could not fucking spam swastikas and soviet symbols that'd be great.