Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Pugnacious

FTB Horizons

5 posts in this topic

Guest Pugnacious

Greetings.  I hope i'm putting this topic in the right place.  If not, let me know.  I saw an older post on reddit about your FTB Horizons server.  I noticed in looking at your forum that it is down.  I would be interested in joining you all, with your permission and consent of course, but in my spare time I prefer playing modded minecraft, Diablo 3, or Payday 2.  

I'm not finding any information on it, so I figured I would create an account and ask.  Is that server going to come back up in the near future?  I'm not finding any other horizons servers around, and would enjoy trying it out in a multiplayer setting.

Just for your information, I'm an IT expert currently working at a major theme park corporation.  My previous job was working for a high profile server hosting company and among other things I specialized in minecraft servers.  In the recent past, I authored a personalized modpack and I have several friends in the modding and texturing communities.  I would be intensely interested in playing with you all, if you're going to be bringing your server or another server online.

A modded MC server is in the works, but the ND Horizons server probably won't be coming back up anytime soon. The modded MC may be a while though, so in the meantime you're welcome to hop on the regular MC server, which is constantly being upgraded and added on to.

Guest Pugnacious

How active is the community?  I tend to work odd hours and can only play on certain days.  I hate to think like this, but If i'm going to invest a significant portion of my free time (and i don't get enough really), I want to make sure i'm playing with people instead of just sitting there by myself.

Hiya Pungacious, nice to see people taking such an interest.

While yes, horizons has been taken down, it was after careful consideration of the player activity, and level of completion within the mod pack. While we would love to have a server up and running 24/7, it isn't feasible to run such mod heavy packs on our system with such a short lifetime. For this reason, we're looking into a completely custom mod pack, which is still very much in the works, as well as potential other ideas.

However, were not a minecraft community, per say, and not are we hell bent for leather about becoming a huge community either. We're always happy to grow and expand, but we'd much rather be a community where people come to game and be social, than to look for one single thing.

For this reason, we actively encourage the community to say what we want to do (that means everyone has a voice, including admins) and if your idea is even remotely popular, we'll see what we can do. One member has a TF2 server that they run. It's not exclusively for this community, but that doesn't matter. The point is, it's there if people want it.

So, if you say you want a modded minecraft server, well, so do many others. We're working to build one, but without input from the community as a whole, we can't deliver exactly what you want. Yes, we had one previously, but it was too "run of the mill" too normal almost for it to last a long time.

So this is my challenge to you. And anyone else for that matter. If you have an idea, or a question, or anything really (provided it's not racial / hateful / otherwise illegal in some significant way) that you want to say; and can say it in a mature way, we'll listen.

No idea is a bad idea until we've heard it and evaluated how wrong it is after all ;) .

I myself am looking into setting up some good old fashioned L4D2 nodes on a server, which I'll probably leave open to public access. Or at least, so that people here can hop onto it whenever. If you don't use it, that's fine. It'll be there if someone wants it.

That should iterate the point of our community here. We're a collective group, who work together to have fun together, whatever the mood. Feel free to chat to us, any of us, about anything, be it on the forums, on teamspeak, or maybe you're really too clever for your own good, and can find one of our email addresses...

Enjoy your stay, and remember, that we're always around; one way, or another.

Guest Pugnacious

Thanks for the info mate.  I could probably help you all out if asked, but i'm a random dude that just popped up on your forum.  If I were in your shoes, i'd want to get to know me for quite a while before trusting me as far as I could throw me.  Wow, just typing that sentence was a mouthfull.  That being said, I'd like to get to know you all. Just from what i'm seeing, you seem to be fairly interesting.  I'll hop in teamspeak later and see how it goes.