Become a premium member to remove ads
Guest Dude322111

Switch Modpacks?

Poll Data Lost  

1. 1. The data for this poll was lost during the transition from the Nuclear District forums.

• Sorry about that. :^(

This poll is closed to new votes

9 posts in this topic

Guest Dude322111

Alright. It has been an interesting week in the world of FTB Trident. Why should we switch modpacks when it has been only a week? I will try to compile a list of reasons.

• Dominance. Red team is almost unquestionably dominating. The goal of Trident is for three factions to compete for dominance, and it seems that that goal has been achieved. (I would estimate that Red team has at least 20-100x the resources of Green and Blue combined.)
  • Competition. There is none. Red team has no more incentive for doing anything else. The only thing we could really do is gather more resources—which is impractical considering how many resources we already have.
  • Modpack Limits. The modpack is centered around PvP. Therefore, many mods have been excluded and there are limits in what can be achieved in the modpack. In other words, the pvp-centralized modpack is too limited considering the relatively small number of mods and the lack of the pvp aspect.
  • What are we waiting for? Red team has been the most active team from the beginning. The main leaders of Green team have been inactive for 3 days. Blue team is generally inactive as a whole. Red team has nothing practical or worthwhile left to do and will soon become inactive as well.

What will switching modpacks do? More mods, fewer limits, more things to achieve, more incentive, and hopefully, more activity. Feel free to disagree and state your opinions.

TL;DR - Red team is dominating and has nothing left to do, Green and Blue are mostly inactive, the pvp aspect is dead, and the Trident modpack is too limited. Therefore, we should switch to a different modpack.

But dude the question is, what new mod pack will we use?

We're always open to suggestions, but without an indication of the type of mod pack you wish to switch to, we can't evaluate the feasibility of such a mod pack. If you could generate a shortlist of mod packs you'd like us to explore for a potential switch, that'd make life a lot easier.

Idea I have in mind: Create a custom modpack with mods that we want/is very useful and make a faction server out of it. Yes it'll need some players online and advertise about it.

2nd Idea I have in mind: Create an economy type server with some of the mods, such as big chests or item transfer pipes.

Guest MollyMugger

Im for the factions idea, factions is one of my favourite game modes so implementing the same theme but with custom mods would be a great twist. Advertising id also love to help with. As for dude's Idea I agree towards that as well, after joining about a week in I was struggling to try and make good use of my time seeing as everything was done.

Guest Dude322111

We're always open to suggestions, but without an indication of the type of mod pack you wish to switch to, we can't evaluate the feasibility of such a mod pack. If you could generate a shortlist of mod packs you'd like us to explore for a potential switch, that'd make life a lot easier.

FTB Infinity and Resonant Rise were the main modpacks I had in mind. There is also a modpack named "Test Pack Please Ignore" which seems interesting.

FTB Infinity and Resonant Rise were the main modpacks I had in mind. There is also a modpack named "Test Pack Please Ignore" which seems interesting.

Everyone wants to play Infinity and Resonant Rise. When we tested Resonant Rise, we found some issues that, while could be solved, would take time to work on. Given that Infinity uses more mods than the 150 odd in RR it would take longer to test Infinity to ensure performance remains consistent. That isn't to say we won't consider them, just that there are a lot of options, and doing something unique, like a lesser played pack, or a custom one, might be in our best interests.