Become a premium member to remove ads
Kendev

E-mail from 'Blizzard', scam?

7 posts in this topic

Don't know what to say about this... Never in my entire life i have played WoW or any other Blizzard game that requires a battle.net account, and now i get this e-mail:

9ca81039c072f6f407ffb82a6f468817.pngDefuq? Scam? Intentions of possible scam?

Anyhow, i've gone to the battle.net site to 'recover' my 'account':

c7c522ef85c64a26191a2b01be28e3e4.png

Ok? I don't even...

Does someone know what this could be?

Haven't a clue. I personally wouldn't have even clicked the links and instead taken off and blasted the Delete key as hard as possible on that e-mail, then set up an aggressive "catch-all" filter against not only the sender, but any future emails with the subject of battle.net, to ensure nothing more can come a knocking. But hey, I have no idea what to make of this seemingly legit looking half-a-scam.

Haven't a clue. I personally wouldn't have even clicked the links and instead taken off and blasted the Delete key as hard as possible on that e-mail, then set up an aggressive "catch-all" filter against not only the sender, but any future emails with the subject of battle.net, to ensure nothing more can come a knocking. But hey, I have no idea what to make of this seemingly legit looking half-a-scam.

Didnt click any links, just went to battle.net thru google, already marked as unwanted and blocked the e-mail, just wasn't 100% sure

Given that the email comes from a gmail account I can guarantee you it was not Blizzard.

Also I believe that us.battle.net is not from Blizzard itself. As far as I know American users will be directed to battle.net whilst european users are redirected to eu.battle.net.

If anything happened to your account contact Blizzard support, they're usually cool guys.

Given that the email comes from a gmail account I can guarantee you it was not Blizzard.

Also I believe that us.battle.net is not from Blizzard itself. As far as I know American users will be directed to battle.net whilst european users are redirected to eu.battle.net.

If anything happened to your account contact Blizzard support, they're usually cool guys.

That's the thing, i have never played any Blizzard game, so i don't know how or why i would have an account...

That's the thing, i have never played any Blizzard game, so i don't know how or why i would have an account...

Because reasons

Don't know what to say about this... Never in my entire life i have played WoW or any other Blizzard game that requires a battle.net account, and now i get this e-mail:

9ca81039c072f6f407ffb82a6f468817.pngDefuq? Scam? Intentions of possible scam?

Anyhow, i've gone to the battle.net site to 'recover' my 'account':

c7c522ef85c64a26191a2b01be28e3e4.png

Ok? I don't even...

Does someone know what this could be?

Take a close look at the email address.